A Beethoven "future figure"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter View Post
    Don't forget this is a reply to a thread of over ten years ago - Interesting to see these old comments resurrected - I don't agree with a lot of what I said then!!
    Yes but I like to get new discussions going out of interesting threads lol...I do hope you still stand with Beethoven's greatness.
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Don't forget this is a reply to a thread of over ten years ago - Interesting to see these old comments resurrected - I don't agree with a lot of what I said then!!
      Gone off Beethoven, Peter?

Comment

Same here, it's strange how our opinions can change over the years.
        🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Gone off Beethoven, Peter?
          Well he's here so I assume not! And who could go off dear Beethoven?!
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by AeolianHarp View Post
            Yes but I like to get new discussions going out of interesting threads lol...I do hope you still stand with Beethoven's greatness.
            Yes and it's interesting to see them again - don't worry I'm still a faithful Beethoven fan, but I wouldn't state now as I did elsewhere in that thread that Brahms was the greatest symphonist after Beethoven - I'd probably say Bruckner was and yet I know I also disparaged Bruckner in early posts!
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Yes and it's interesting to see them again - don't worry I'm still a faithful Beethoven fan, but I wouldn't state now as I did elsewhere in that thread that Brahms was the greatest symphonist after Beethoven - I'd probably say Bruckner was and yet I know I also disparaged Bruckner in early posts!

Well I don't know! I would have to hear a good number of the others to judge-nobody could match the Ninth that's for sure!
              Ludwig van Beethoven
              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

That's interesting. About ten or fifteen years back, I would have said the same about Brahms, but I haven't listened to him very much since. As I am susceptible to prompts from this forum, I'll probably give him a chance today.

I'm still divided about Bruckner's symphonies (I'm getting on in years, and I'd like to be sure, when I start listening to one of them, that I'll be still alive at the end of it.) The same would go for Mahler, although I absolutely love the First and the Fourth.

Comment

Well I still don't know re symphonies but for me, what I have heard so far, Tchaikovsky (or possibly joint with Rachmaninov) is after Beethoven for piano concertos.

What a shame noone from my land can make any claims- we are thin on the ground for genius composers...oh well, we had the literary women and men.
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

What a shame noone from my land can make any claims- we are thin on the ground for genius composers...oh well, we had the literary women and men.
                    What about the Beatles?

Comment

What about the Beatles?
                      They were pop musicians, not geniuses, no direspect to them intended. but not in the same league as Beethoven!
                      Ludwig van Beethoven
                      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

They were pop musicians, not geniuses, no direspect to them intended. but not in the same league as Beethoven!
                        Fair enough, but forum members here will tell you that I was - and always will be - a Beatlemaniac. They introduced me to all kinds of music and I will never tire of them.
                        And I'm not just saying that because you are based in Liverpool!

Comment

Fair enough, but forum members here will tell you that I was - and always will be - a Beatlemaniac. They introduced me to all kinds of music and I will never tire of them.
                          And I'm not just saying that because you are based in Liverpool!
                          Of course you are not Michael...
                          I don't mind them; for pop musicians they wrote some catchy tunes and are far better than the rubbish churned out today. Their music is useful for learning chords on the piano as well ( some of their stuff is in my piano for all course)- being doing Let It Be earlier.
                          And John Lennon found Beethoven's c sharp minor sonata an inspiriation for Because.
                          Last edited by AeolianHarp; 12-06-2013, 08:38 PM.
                          Ludwig van Beethoven
                          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Working...
                          X