Rare Page - WoO43 nr3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod:
    Did you not think I was aware of the double meaning when I was writing my 'roll around' comment earlier?
    No, beware that I was aware that you were aware.

That was MY joke.
    Since you're in need of one of your own, I'll graciously let you have it.

Better than your crude repetition of it in the same chain!
    What's crude about "no en in sight"? The other comment was not meant to be a joke! It was a nostalgic look back to my floor-rolling days...

Ah.. you still have a lot to learn about comedy...

Maybe, Rodney, but at least I don't let myself be drawn into pointless moaning. I mean.....in the end.....where does it really get you?......

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:

Maybe, Rodney, but at least I don't let myself be drawn into pointless moaning. I mean.....in the end.....where does it really get you?......

Away from Beethoven that's for sure - perhaps you have an opinion on the featured work in this thread to get us back on track?

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:

Now that you have accepted that I am right and you are wrong, I can say nowhere, it gets me NOWHERE!

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
          Away from Beethoven that's for sure - perhaps you have an opinion on the featured work in this thread to get us back on track?

An opinion on the featured work? Don't shock the readers with requests like that Peter!

------------------

Comment

Would love to offer my insight, Peter, as on other featured tracks, but my speakers are kaput. A real pity here, because I don't know this music.

Comment

Now that you have accepted that I am right and you are wrong, I can say nowhere, it gets me NOWHERE!

I accept nothing! Which gets me nowhere, also.

Comment

Don't worry Chop, there was no joke....

After the long discussion and misunderstandings can anybody tell me the sense of that joke or why you've been discussing? I'm not aware of the things you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
                  After the long discussion and misunderstandings can anybody tell me the sense of that joke or why you've been discussing? I'm not aware of the things you're talking about.
                  I wouldn't lose any sleep over this rather silly diversion.

------------------
                  'Man know thyself'
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this rather silly diversion.

This biggest joke is putting up this page in the first place. Even you haven't offered an opinion Peter, so you are not really in a position to request this from others. And to PDG you must have the worlds only computer without a headphone socket?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited July 20, 2002).]

Comment

This biggest joke is putting up this page in the first place. Even you haven't offered an opinion Peter, so you are not really in a position to request this from others. And to PDG you must have the worlds only computer without a headphone socket?

I think I've done more than enough for this site.

------------------
                      'Man know thyself'
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I think I've done more than enough for this site.

Maybe so, but you know the only part of the site that really concerns me is the forum. It is the most important part. That and the rare page is what keeps people comming back to your site after they've looked at all the other stuff.

------------------

Comment

Maybe so, but you know the only part of the site that really concerns me is the forum. It is the most important part. That and the rare page is what keeps people comming back to your site after they've looked at all the other stuff.

Well I think my 1818 posts compared to your 1692 counters your rather unfair assertion that I'm in no position to request comments on the rare work featured - With regard to the rare page itself, it doesn't appear by magic and takes a good 30 minutes of my time to edit and upload each week. I do usually express my opinions on the featured work, but not always for the reasons already stated.

------------------
                          'Man know thyself'
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Well I think my 1818 posts compared to your 1692 counters your rather unfair assertion that I'm in no position to request comments on the rare work featured - With regard to the rare page itself, it doesn't appear by magic and takes a good 30 minutes of my time to edit and upload each week. I do usually express my opinions on the featured work, but not always for the reasons already stated.

Hey boys! Don't argue anymore!

Comment

I had not considered getting into a numbers game Peter, but considering you are the moderator and I a mere member i would say it is my figure that is the more remarkable. For what it's worth, it takes me about half an hour to prepare the mp3, upload it and type the text for the page, especially for vocal music (such as the next one), since I can't get to the scanner these days.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X