eternally beloved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eternally beloved

What is the best evidence that Antonie Brentano is the eternally beloved? Are the dates of her and beethoven in Teplitz the best or is there more solid evidence?

Originally posted by Dante:
    What is the best evidence that Antonie Brentano is the eternally beloved? Are the dates of her and beethoven in Teplitz the best or is there more solid evidence?
    We have already discussed the evidence, or otherwise, at the chain below:
    http://www.gyrix.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000494.html

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      We have already discussed the evidence, or otherwise:
      And the only conclusion that can be reached is that no one really knows!

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

On the program of "RADIO CLASSIQUE" in France they put the miniature portrait (the green one often told to be Antonia Brentano) writing it is the portrait of Anna-Maria ERDÖDY. If that is true it is quite clear : they have found two miniatures in B.'s desk, this one and the GUICCIARDI's one, with the letter. I cannot agree with SOLOMON anyway. It is true that what is interesting is that everything is still a mistery !
        Claudie

Comment

Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:
          On the program of "RADIO CLASSIQUE" in France they put the miniature portrait (the green one often told to be Antonia Brentano) writing it is the portrait of Anna-Maria ERDÖDY. If that is true it is quite clear : they have found two miniatures in B.'s desk, this one and the GUICCIARDI's one, with the letter. I cannot agree with SOLOMON anyway. It is true that what is interesting is that everything is still a mistery !
          It was researcher Kalischer who was the first to attribute the mysterious miniature (not the Guicciardi, of course) to Marie Erdödy, but research by Ley has shown already many decades ago that it's an error. We have a photo of a portrait (a painting, destroyed in WWII) of Marie in the company of her husband and her children and there's no likeliness at all. IMHO, the likeliness to Antonie Brentano is also not very impressive. And Solomon's reasoning is by no means flawless. I do agree that the riddle of the Immortal Beloved is still a riddle.

jev

Comment

Working...
          X