"BEETHOVEN WAY / NINTH SYMPHONY STREET"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"BEETHOVEN WAY / NINTH SYMPHONY STREET"

The Inaugural Ceremonies for the Opening of the new "BEETHOVEN WAY / NINTH SYMPHONY STREET", two blocks at the currently 9th Street near downtown Miami, are scheduled
    for Saturday, May 4th, 2002.

Any Beethoven fan is invited to participate and/or send his/her comments, opinions and suggestions to: Beethovenway@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Originally posted by Gus:
    The Inaugural Ceremonies for the Opening of the new "BEETHOVEN WAY / NINTH SYMPHONY STREET", two blocks at the currently 9th Street near downtown Miami, are scheduled
    for Saturday, May 4th, 2002.

Any Beethoven fan is invited to participate and/or send his/her comments, opinions and suggestions to: Beethovenway@yahoo.com

Thanks.
    I hope these streets are in a classy part of town - we don't even have a single statue of Beethoven anywhere here in London. I saw a train called 'Handel' last week (we name our trains), a rather small and dirty machine. What a disgrace this all is.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

You don't have any Beethoven Street in London ?
      Even here, in this awful Saarbrücken, we have a "BEETHOVEN PLATZ" (a big square with trees !).
      There is an horrible Beethoven in the Museum of Madame TUSSAUD in London...They put Lady Diana near... Maybe she tells him she would prefer to be next to Elton John and it is why Beethoven look so strange !

You must organize a petition to have HAENDEL's name on a nice, big, double staged bus ! He deserve it and much more !!!

------------------
      Claudie
      Claudie

Comment

Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:
        Even here, in this awful Saarbrücken, we have a "BEETHOVEN PLATZ" (a big square with trees !).
        There is an horrible Beethoven in the Museum of Madame TUSSAUD in London...They put Lady Diana near... Maybe she tells him she would prefer to be next to Elton John and it is why Beethoven look so strange !

You must organize a petition to have HAENDEL's name on a nice, big, double staged bus ! He deserve it and much more !!!

Well at least we now have the Handel museum in Brook st London, where he lived for around the last 30 years of his life - I have yet to see it and wonder if Rod has been yet? (Rod is away for a week so we may have to wait for a response on this one - however I suspect he will not be able to keep away that long and a visit to an internet cafe is on the cards!)

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
          Well at least we now have the Handel museum in Brook st London, where he lived for around the last 30 years of his life - I have yet to see it and wonder if Rod has been yet? (Rod is away for a week so we may have to wait for a response on this one - however I suspect he will not be able to keep away that long and a visit to an internet cafe is on the cards!)

Fortunately the internet exisists even in Newcastle upon Tyne. I'm going to the Handel House next Monday when I'm back in London. I'll give a report.

------------------

Comment

We have Beethoven Streets everywhere in England. My grandmother spent her last years in Beethoven Street in my home town of South Shields! I was always envious of her address! I have seen the wax Beethoven myself and I agree with you. His piano is not authentic either!! The petition would be worth little even if it succeeded in getting Handel's name on the biggest train in England - our trains are always breaking down, so only the engineers could appreciate the gesture!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 04-04-2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
              Fortunately the internet exisists even in Newcastle upon Tyne. I'm going to the Handel House next Monday when I'm back in London. I'll give a report.

Here is my report as promised. Firstly I recommend that a visit is not made to the Handel House on a Monday - for on a Monday the Handel House is closed! Also I recommend that a visit to the Handel House is not made on a Tuesday when that same Tuesday the Queen Mother is being buried...

Even in death I am frustrated by this motley crew - not that the Scottish ex-Queen of England had an ounce of royal German blood in her!!

------------------

Comment

Here is my report as promised. Firstly I recommend that a visit is not made to the Handel House on a Monday - for on a Monday the Handel House is closed! Also I recommend that a visit to the Handel House is not made on a Tuesday when that same Tuesday the Queen Mother is being buried...

Even in death I am frustrated by this motley crew - not that the Scottish ex-Queen of England had an ounce of royal German blood in her!!

Dear Rod...and what is about wednesday ???

I can imagine how you have been frustrated ! The first time I went to the Beethoven-Haus it was... closed ! Be patient... they don't bury a "Queen Mum" of 101 years old so often.

And it was maybe because of her little amount of German blood that the bombs have spared her during the war... Anyway she had the courage to stay there.

To have a Queen Mum, even pink and baby blue, is much more interesting than to have a Chirac, a Jospin or a Schröder, believe me ! Haendel will wait for you : ALLELUIA !!!
                REJOYCE, REJOYCE, REJOOOOOYCE GREATLY........
                (Please, I am singing while tiping, but don't imagine it is your mother's daughter !)

Claudie

Comment

To have a Queen Mum, even pink and baby blue, is much more interesting than to have a Chirac, a Jospin or a Schröder, believe me ! Haendel will wait for you : ALLELUIA !!!
                  (Please, I am singing while tiping, but don't imagine it is your mother's daughter !)

Personally I agree with Beethoven (if these really are his words!) - "Prince! what you are, you are by circumstance and by birth. What I am, I am through myself. Of Princes there have been and will be thousands. Of Beethovens there is only one.."

------------------
                  'Man know thyself'
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Dear Rod...and what is about wednesday ???

I can imagine how you have been frustrated ! The first time I went to the Beethoven-Haus it was... closed ! Be patient... they don't bury a "Queen Mum" of 101 years old so often.

And it was maybe because of her little amount of German blood that the bombs have spared her during the war... Anyway she had the courage to stay there.

On Wednesday I am back at work!! The Queen Mother has no German blood at all as far as I know - a rare thing, thus she was a legitimate target. Many other Londoners stayed also without the comforts and shelter of the QM. I don't believe in Presidents either. We already have one of these as well - President Blair!!

I'll be singing too, when or rather IF the Handel House will dare to let me in!!! 'Thrice happy ME...'

------------------

Comment

Personally I agree with Beethoven (if these really are his words!) - "Prince! what you are, you are by circumstance and by birth. What I am, I am through myself. Of Princes there have been and will be thousands. Of Beethovens there is only one.."

Of course, we all agree Peter !

I misanderstood your phrase about the german blood Rod... my knowledge about Queen Mum is very little... as my knowledge in english !

Could you imagine, Beethoven writing "THE CANTATA FOR THE DEATH OF QUEEN MUM" ? The "CANTATA FOR THE DEATH OF JOSEPH II" was wonderful, and he was still very young...

Claudie

Comment

I misanderstood your phrase about the german blood Rod... my knowledge about Queen Mum is very little... as my knowledge in english !

Could you imagine, Beethoven writing "THE CANTATA FOR THE DEATH OF QUEEN MUM" ? The "CANTATA FOR THE DEATH OF JOSEPH II" was wonderful, and he was still very young...

Ironically the Anthem they played at the Queen Mother's funeral was from Brahms German Requiem! They should have used Handel's Funeral Anthem, what a great piece this is.

------------------

Comment

Ironically the Anthem they played at the Queen Mother's funeral was from Brahms German Requiem! They should have used Handel's Funeral Anthem, what a great piece this is.

I agree, but who ever accused our royals of being musical?

------------------
                          'Man know thyself'
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

I agree, but who ever accused our royals of being musical?

The only thing I have ever heard about the taste of music in your royals is that Lady Diana was fond of Elton JOHN !!!

They asked to our candidates presidents what they like in classic music... CHIRAC answered Pierre BOULEZ (I think for that he will loose his campaign !!!) and JOSPIN the GOLDBERG Variations of BACH... Nobody of the 14 "presidentiables spoke about BEETHOVEN or HAENDEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claudie

Comment

I love Elton John. I saw him in concert with Billy Joel (who I like even more) a couple months ago. Great show. I guess I don't really have anything relevant to add

Comment

Working...
                              X