"Saint Beethoven Speaks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Saint Beethoven Speaks"

There's a new book called "Saint Beethoven Speaks" that I picked up -- it arrived a couple days ago. I got mine on Amazon, but this link on Google Books has more examples of the pages to preview.

I got the paperback version, but there is also a hardcover and I guess an e-book. The paperback is beautiful. It's almost like a graphic novel, in that all the pages are glossy and there is tons of Beethoven art.

The book is written from the perspective that Beethoven is in heaven and is a saint, and it's written in first person. There's a real spiritual angle to it, if you're into that aspect of Beethoven's life.

I've never read anything like it about Beethoven. It is a completely original idea so far as Beethoven books are concerned. Worth checking out.

This looks very interesting, alittleviola. Thanks for the link.

There's another graphic novel, which has just been published, called "The Final Symphony". It seems to be the exact opposite of the book you describe.

Here's a link:

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/class...ven-anthology/

It's nice to see publications like this. They show the two sides of Beethoven - the saintly and the human.

(I haven't actually read either - but the one I linked seems to be very weird. But so was Ludwig!

Last edited by Michael; 12-31-2020, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X