About Mozart's last three symphonies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Mozart's last three symphonies.

How much time did Mozart employ in writing the three last symphonies? I had this piece of information but now that book is beyond my reach.

I think it was 8 weeks if memory serves me correctly.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

It is hard to understand how these three jewels of the music literature could have been written in such a short time. If one considers it just as manual work it is unbelievable. I have listened to the 39th many times. It begins with a slow introduction and then a most graceful theme starts the rest of the movement. A question: the theme heard in the introduction, isn't it the same that appears later in this movement, but in a much faster tempo?

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
        It is hard to understand how these three jewels of the music literature could have been written in such a short time. If one considers it just as manual work it is unbelievable. I have listened to the 39th many times. It begins with a slow introduction and then a most graceful theme starts the rest of the movement. A question: the theme heard in the introduction, isn't it the same that appears later in this movement, but in a much faster tempo?
        Yes I think you're referring to the descending scale passage.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
        X