Beethoven String quartett F- Major, op. 135 (1826) - for Symphony orchestra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven String quartett F- Major, op. 135 (1826) - for Symphony orchestra

Here my new orchestra orchestra version of Beethoven's last quartett op. 135, mov. 2 - 4. What a wonderful quartett - written between July and October 1826, in the time of the devastating impression of his nephew's suicide attempt, and yet overbursting with humor in the Scherzo and vitality in the Finale.
    In the Lento scetches he wrote "süßer Ruhegesang oder Friedensgesang" (sweet singing of silence or peace") - my question: does this remind you of a later certain great symphony Adagio?

Some people said that here Beethoven would come back to his early influences of Haydn and Mozart - I think that is absolute nonsense...

I orchestrated movement 2 - 4, the 1st Allegro does not seem to fit for an orchestration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxLj...ature=youtu.be

Good to see you've got these on youtube now Gerd! The Lento reminds me of Mahler's 3rd symphony last movt.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Yes, indeed, Peter, were you aware of this before?

Comment

Yes the similarity struck me on first hearing, whenever that was many years ago! I assume I knew the Beethoven before the Mahler.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

So far I had orchestrated only mov. 2 - 4 , because the 1st movement I could not imagine as a piece for orchestra and I must admit that I never really loved this movement too much . But now I tried it nevertheless and I can say that I did it with great pleasure!

www.gerdprengel.de/Beeth-op135-1-orch.mp3 (listen with headphones!)
          Last edited by gprengel; 06-02-2020, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X