Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Michael;69425]Just saw it on Amazon for £1.39! I didn't think a CD version would be so easily available. Thanks for the tip.

(Normal Beethoven business will be resumed shortly.)[/QUOTE

Gosh you beat me on price there. Mine arrived earlier- listened to it, now got Beethoven Radio on the laptop.

Yes, the CD is readily available- this album is a British rock n roll classic.
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 1 in C major (played by Martha Argerich) on the radio on the way to work this morning. Not a bad way to start the day.
      Ludwig van Beethoven
      Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Beethoven symphony no.7 - Harnoncourt.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Bach perfection..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzlw6fUux4o[/YOUTUBE]

Lately I am getting a real craving to hear more Bach..

This of course, is all on period instruments.
          Ludwig van Beethoven
          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

You know, sometimes pieces that have become ossified in the genre by popular appeal over time almost, rather paradoxically, don't receive the true recognition of their brilliance today. Bach's Air on the G String is one of those pieces. Maybe some of us just need to see that piece of furniture we've walked by every day in a different light, like in that performance there.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your health and hearing issues DP.

Comment

Haydn - 'The Seasons'. What a strikingly original opening to this.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R__MYDtq6U[/YOUTUBE]
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                I did like the addition, although the suite ends better with Neptune. Was Pluto even discovered by the time Holst died? Regardless of what science says I still think of Pluto as a planet.
                Pluto was discovered in 1930 and I'm with you about Pluto as a planet but alas he was demoted!
                Last edited by Joy; 05-22-2016, 09:03 PM. Reason: sp
                'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
                  Pluto was discovered in 1930 and I'm with you about Pluto as a planet but alas he was demoted!
                  Poor Pluto- it was re classified as a dwarf planet. Did you know it also has some dwarf planet friends?
                  Ludwig van Beethoven
                  Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
                    You know, sometimes pieces that have become ossified in the genre by popular appeal over time almost, rather paradoxically, don't receive the true recognition of their brilliance today. Bach's Air on the G String is one of those pieces
                    I agree, it is.
                    Ludwig van Beethoven
                    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

I listened to two versions of Beethoven's Triple Concerto this afternoon while sitting out in the sun.
                      Then some hours later, I turned on my car radio and accidentally caught a live broadcast of the same piece.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMNeRvSIw0[/YOUTUBE]
                        🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                          Haydn 'Surpise' symphony 2nd movt
                          That symphony was one of the first pieces to get me interested in classical music as a child - it was one of my father's few classical LPs (he was more into James Last!) and I played it incessantly!
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                            That symphony was one of the first pieces to get me interested in classical music as a child - it was one of my father's few classical LPs (he was more into James Last!) and I played it incessantly!
                            How cool it was Haydn! I like the Surprise too- the first time I listened to it and the "surprise" happened I nearly fell off the sofa lol. Then I burst out laughing! I now know that this is a very Haydn-esque thing- musical humour. There's a string quartet of his that has about 10 endings!
                            Ludwig van Beethoven
                            Den Sie wenn Sie wollten

Comment

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTWeHu6fkwM[/YOUTUBE]

Isn't she is just awesome!
                              🎹

Comment

William Hurlstone piano concerto in D - unfortunately only an excerpt is available here of this beautiful piece - he is a new discovery for me and was considered by Stanford to be superior to his other pupils Vaughan -Williams and Holst. He died tragically young aged 30 in 1906 and in common with Schubert his tomb also bears the inscription "Music hath here entombed fair treasures but still fairer hopes.”
                                bbc.in/1sVGh7Q
                                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                                X