The Bonngasse 515 connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bonngasse 515 connection

Musical history is full of incredible coincidences such as the tremendous year 1685 which saw the births of Handel, Bach and Scarlatti.
    When thinking of, or visiting the famous address of Beethoven's birth in 1770, how many give a moment's thought to the great Impresario Johann Peter Salomon who was born in the same house in 1745? Yet, not only was he a gifted violinist and composer, he was also famously instrumental in bringing Haydn to London for his two highly successful tours in 1791 and 1794. Doubtless had Mozart lived just a few more years, he too would have enjoyed the same success in London as Salomon had plans to bring him there as well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Peter_Salomon
    'Man know thyself'

He did a lot for music to be sure!
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      When thinking of, or visiting the famous address of Beethoven's birth in 1770, how many give a moment's thought to the great Impresario Johann Peter Salomon who was born in the same house in 1745? [/url]
      A nice piece of information and very timely for me as I should be visiting that famous address again next February, if all goes well. My family are arranging a "surprise" trip to Bonn for my 70th birthday but they decided not to deny me the pleasure of anticipation!

Comment

Working...
      X