Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new orchestration - guess what piece ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new orchestration - guess what piece ...

After some time of rest in the recent months today I orchestrated another great piece from one the great masters - do you recognise it (it should not be too difficult)? For me it is one of my favourites from the composer ... How do you like it?

http://gerdprengel.de/piece33.mp3

Gerd

Yes it's the E major fugue by Bach from book 2 of the 48 - did you do the lovely prelude as well? Your orchestration works very well and brings out the majestic solemnity of the piece.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

this was really quick, Peter, yes, of course you are right. Isn't it wonderfully suited for an orchestration?

It reminds me of the great "dona nobis pacem" from the b-minor Mass ...

Comment

no I didn't do the Prelude. I can't imagine this to be played other than with piano. But I will try to orchestrate some other fugues of the well-tempered piano II ...

Comment

Originally posted by gprengel View Post
          no I didn't do the Prelude. I can't imagine this to be played other than with piano. But I will try to orchestrate some other fugues of the well-tempered piano II ...
          Well don't forget Bach didn't have the piano in mind when he wrote the 48! I would have thought that gentle prelude would lend itself very well to a light scoring of flute and strings. I look forward to your next offering - how about the great C# minor fugue from book I or from book II the F# minor?
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            Well don't forget Bach didn't have the piano in mind when he wrote the 48! I would have thought that gentle prelude would lend itself very well to a light scoring of flute and strings. I look forward to your next offering - how about the great C# minor fugue from book I or from book II the F# minor?
            I also was already thinking of the beautiful F#-minor Fugue. But it has only 3 voices, which is a bit thin for an orchestra. I will instead try the appassionate g-minor Fugue from book II which is breathtaking! And afterwards maybe the #c-minor Fuge from book I.

Gerd

Comment

Originally posted by gprengel View Post
              I also was already thinking of the beautiful F#-minor Fugue. But it has only 3 voices, which is a bit thin for an orchestra. I will instead try the appassionate g-minor Fugue from book II which is breathtaking! And afterwards maybe the #c-minor Fuge from book I.

Gerd
              Look forward to that Gerd - another possible one would be the lovely Ab fugue from Book I.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Nice work, Gerd!

Comment

Working...
                X