Death entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death entry

Do you know if it does exist a copy of his death entry somewhere : it seems no ! I am waiting an answer from the Beethoven-Haus but I wanted to know if some of you have an idea ?
    Thanks

------------------
    Claudie
    Claudie

Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:
    Do you know if it does exist a copy of his death entry somewhere : it seems no ! I am waiting an answer from the Beethoven-Haus but I wanted to know if some of you have an idea ?
    Thanks

Do you mean his death certificate? If so this is a good question, I have no idea.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Yes, it is that : I mean his death certificate... Nice to communicate with you again Rod !

------------------
      Claudie
      Claudie

Comment

Yes, it is that : I mean his death certificate... Nice to communicate with you again Rod !

Nice to have you back, have you been on a word tour?!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 02-21-2002).]

Comment

NOOOO ! I was just sitting at the computer and trying to reach the Beethoven Reference Site.......................................

------------------
          Claudie
          Claudie

Comment

The Beethoven Reference Site should find and publish a copy of his death certificate for the thankful users that visit the site.

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
              The Beethoven Reference Site should find and publish a copy of his death certificate for the thankful users that visit the site.
              There's a challenge! If we all to a bit of research someone will soon enough find it and will win a prize.

------------------

Comment

I'm not going through all that work unless I know what the prize is!
                'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

I have the answer... the BEETHOVEN-HAUS told me there is no death-certificate. But there is an entry in the "TOTENBESCHAUPROTOKOLL" (I cannot translate that in english, but it is somehow a list of the deceased people) for Beethoven on the 26 march 1827. They say I can get a copy (and you too...) writing to the "RATHAUS WIEN". I did it and wait...

Thanks to all those who took time to read this topic, and sorry for the Prize........

------------------
                  Claudie
                  Claudie

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                    I'm not going through all that work unless I know what the prize is!
                    Well, looks like Claudie has won it if she can scan & email a JPEG of the entry to Peter. I have read many references to a 'certificate' however so there may be more to this than a mere entry in a 'log-book', but perhaps this looks doubtful now. I hadn't thought of a prize because I thought I would win! I've got loads of CD's lying about gathering dust, so the winner (whoever provides a jpeg) will get some, gratis, if they email me their address.

------------------

Comment

Possibly when people think of "death certificate" they mean the certified autopsy report, which was signed by a doctor. Now that document IS available.

Comment

Originally posted by AlteGrafin:
                        Possibly when people think of "death certificate" they mean the certified autopsy report, which was signed by a doctor. Now that document IS available.
                        This could be the case, either way a jpeg of this or the 'log-book' entry would please Peter. Perhaps we could have a Page of B's letters in facsimile with translations. I've got a few.

------------------

Comment

Liebe Alte Gräfin :
                          The entry in the "Totenbeschauprotokolle" is not the certificate of autopsy... I am waiting for a copy of this entry from Vienna and naturally, after that I will make it available for the site of course.

Dear Rod :
                          I have done a very close translation in french of the letter of 1812, working with the fac-similé for the site "Beethoven en francais from Dominique PREVOT". I am unable (as you see...) to translate that in a perfect english and one of you have to do it for the Beethoven Reference Site. I have a few fac-similés (Heiligenstadt Testament, 1812's letter, 2 pages of B. "Tagesbuch", a letter to WEGELER etc). And a lot of music of course. I have to buy a new sanner and I could send it to Peter. ROD, if you want nice fac-similés you MUST make a little trip to the Beethoven-Haus !!! They even have made a fac-similé of the autograph of the leaf of sketches from the summer 1800 for the string quartet opus 18 n°2 that I have found "par hasard" in a carton with mentioned "autor : unknown" at the Bibliothèque de la Scala di Milano three years ago ! And they have edited a lot of music in fac-similé.

------------------
                          Claudie
                          Claudie

Comment

We the thankful users of The Beethoven Reference Site are waiting for the promised death protocol or whatever. And if you can't get that, we'd be pleased to see some facsimiles in the site, specially an autograph score.

Comment

Liebe Alte Gräfin :

Dear Rod :
                              I have done a very close translation in french of the letter of 1812, working with the fac-similé for the site "Beethoven en francais from Dominique PREVOT". I am unable (as you see...) to translate that in a perfect english and one of you have to do it for the Beethoven Reference Site. I have a few fac-similés (Heiligenstadt Testament, 1812's letter, 2 pages of B. "Tagesbuch", a letter to WEGELER etc). And a lot of music of course. I have to buy a new sanner and I could send it to Peter. ROD, if you want nice fac-similés you MUST make a little trip to the Beethoven-Haus !!! They even have made a fac-similé of the autograph of the leaf of sketches from the summer 1800 for the string quartet opus 18 n°2 that I have found "par hasard" in a carton with mentioned "autor : unknown" at the Bibliothèque de la Scala di Milano three years ago ! And they have edited a lot of music in fac-similé.

I've got a facsimile of the H Testament myself, along with a lot of letters and music, and a scanner! I'll get around to visiting Bonn one day, it took me almost 15 years to get the impetous to go to Vienna! The French translation would be useful considering the level of interest in this letter. I'll sort out some scans and text for Peter - if he wants them??

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X