No announcement yet.

A bit of an oddity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is your heart, Peter, that remains young. It is your heart.

Comment

The 3rd and the 5th have always been favorites of mine for reasons that these were my first real exposure to the music of Beethoven. Had I not heard these and had listened to the 4th and the 8ths first would have created an entirely different impression of Beethoven and I doubt that I could ever have heard either the 3rd of the 5th in the way I hear them today. Those first impressions are so important!

Comment

Tell me, Sorrano. I know I like jazz because that music was around me when I was a child. I mean, it's really trivial stuff compared with the master pieces of artistic music, but somehow, some of its products have found a way into my heart.

That second movement of the Fifth that you like so much, I remember exactly the place in my house where I was sitting listening to the oboe when it takes the first theme but this time in minor. I think every thing we truly love in some way take us back home, when we were little children or has a root in that time of our lives.
        Last edited by Enrique; 09-16-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
          The 3rd and the 5th have always been favorites of mine for reasons that these were my first real exposure to the music of Beethoven. Had I not heard these and had listened to the 4th and the 8ths first would have created an entirely different impression of Beethoven and I doubt that I could ever have heard either the 3rd of the 5th in the way I hear them today. Those first impressions are so important!
          Yes the 5th was the first LP I bought when I was 12 and I was hooked on Beethoven immediately! Then I joined the local music library and each week took out another Beethoven symphony, what a joy and I doubt few kids do that now. Yes we have things like Youtube, but somehow the anticipation of waiting and looking forward has gone.
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
          X