No announcement yet.

Beethoven, publishers and opus numbers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I did not quite understood, But perhaps Roehre says it was Vivaldi who, with his publications in Amsterdam, initiated an asidous practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
      Yes, I did not quite understood, But perhaps Roehre says it was Vivaldi who, with his publications in Amsterdam, initiated an asidous practice.
      Sorry, my mistake; I did not catch the last part of the post and missed the reference to Vivaldi.

Comment

Well, Roehre, Venice was part of the Holy Roman Empire by those days. ....
        The Venetian Republic was not a part of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation (the First Reich) from approximately the beginning of the 13th Century I'm afraid. The Netherlands ceased to be a part of it in 1648 (toghether with the Swiss).

Comment

1648 is the beggining of the thirty years war of the date of the peace treaty, Roehre?

EDIT: it has to be the treaty.

Comment

1648 is the beggining of the thirty years war of the date of the peace treaty, Roehre?

EDIT: it has to be the treaty.
            The Osnabrück/Münster Treaty, ending the 30 years war (1618-1648) in the Holy Roman Empire and the Eighty Years War (1568-1648) between the Republic of the United Netherlands and Habsburg Spain.

Comment

In Tackery's novel, Barry Lyndon as so many romantic heroes goes to the therty years war. I saw the movie, and enjoyed like so many people the magnificent musical taste of Stanley Kubric. There were people who even buoght the sound track record.
              Last edited by Enrique; 02-16-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

In Tackery's novel, Barry Lyndon as so many romantic heroes goes to the therty years war. I saw the movie, and enjoyed like so many people the magnificent musical taste of Stanley Kubric. There were people who even buoght the sound track record.
                It's part of my collection too.
                One of my favourite Kubrick films, I must confess

Comment

I made a mistake. It is not the thirty-years' war that Barry Lyndon goes to, but the Seven-year's war. One of the characters mentioned is Frederick II.

Comment

I made a mistake. It is not the thirty-years' war that Barry Lyndon goes to, but the Seven-year's war. One of the characters mentioned is Frederick II.
                    It's only just over a century later

Comment

Working...
                    X