Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beethoven's Music Used in Recent Movies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's Music Used in Recent Movies.

Saw the films 'Django Unchained' and 'Lincoln' recently and was pleased to see Beethoven's Fur Elise played on a Harp in the former and Beethoven's ... ? in the latter.

Anyone know? I know it well, but memory often makes a fool of me these days. :-)
    http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

Originally posted by Maurice Colgan View Post
    Saw the films 'Django Unchained' and 'Lincoln' recently and was pleased to see Beethoven's Fur Elise played on a Harp in the former and Beethoven's ... ? in the latter.

Anyone know? I know it well, but memory often makes a fool of me these days. :-)
    Quentin Tarantino must have a thing about "Fur Elise" because he also used a fragment of it in "Inglourious B*st**ds". I haven't seen "Lincoln" yet so I must listen out for Beethoven!

Last edited by Michael; 01-29-2013, 04:41 PM. Reason: Misspelled Tarantino (and probably mispelled "misspelled"?)

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Colgan View Post

Egmont overture - saw Lincoln as well, brilliant Daniel Day!
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thanks Peter, of course. Lovely to see it used in such a Blockbuster type film. Yes Daniel, now living here in Ireland, was excellent. Only his voice was a little week compared to all the Hollywood, 'Lincoln's, we were accustomed to.

Daniel Barenboim is on twitter. I Love that man's attitude to Beethoven's wonderful music!
        Last edited by Maurice Colgan; 01-29-2013, 08:58 AM.
        http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X