Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then again, it is Beethoven related, however tenuous I'll admit. Difficult call, there, Michael. Hmmm. Anyone help me out of this dilemma? I'm off to bed, catch you all tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Amusing, Michael, but I don't think one person on the Internet's misattribution of a Handel piece to Beethoven is enough!
      Well there you go. Thank you, Chris. The "X" is still open.

Comment

Which according to the rules (if nobody replies within 24 hrs) is down to me. Damn. Sorrano, you had an "X" lined up, I believe?

Comment

X= Seyfried, Ignaz (Xaver) von - composer, conductor, teacher, writer on music.
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

I didn't expect my X to be taken seriously. Beethoven and the X Factor do not mix. So I'll move on to the Y:

"Yo no Quiero Embarcarme" (I Do Not Wish to Embark) woO 158a (23 Songs of Various Nationalities)

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
              Which according to the rules (if nobody replies within 24 hrs) is down to me. Damn. Sorrano, you had an "X" lined up, I believe?
              Missed it, rats! That's what I get for sleeping at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Xerxes - An opera by Beethoven formerly attributed to Handel.
                (It's here on the internet so it must be true.)

http://mp3lemon.org/song/492917/10_-..._HWV_40-_Largo
                I'd thought of using that, but I like your application better than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                  Missed it, rats! That's what I get for sleeping at night.
                  Can't you still put it in? I've just realised that Peter's one might not be validated as it's a first name (but better than my effort)
                  I certainly can't find a valid X. Roehre got in nicely with Symphony X but even that is stretching.
                  You might save your one for Round 3!
                  Last edited by Michael; 09-13-2012, 07:36 PM. Reason: typos typos tipoes

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Can't you still put it in? I've just realised that Peter's one might not be validated as it's a first name (but better that my effort)
                    I certainly can't find a valid X. Roehre got in nicely with Symphony X but even that is stretching.
                    You might save your one for Round 3!
                    Yes, I will save mine for round 3. Hopefully, that part will not occur while I am sleeping, again.

Comment

Z = Johan Nepomuk Zizius, Beethoven's lawyer in the case against Artaria regarding their pirate edition of opus 29.

Comment

And well done everybody again for Round 2. Somebody care to start the next round?

Comment

A-Z Beethoven Quiz Round 3

A is for ...

Comment

A is for the "Appassionata" - Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 23 in F minor, Op. 57

Comment

B is for Bagatelle, a miniature form that Beethoven perfected.

Comment

C is for the Coriolan Overture.

Comment

Working...
                                X