Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst we're waiting, I thought I'd just mention I might well be going to Vienna soon for 4 days... alone!!!! No kid(s), no 'significant other'. Aha! Gonna do me a full Beethoven immersion and see the things I missed last time. Plus a bit of Bruckner on the side. And Wiener Schnitzel everyday. Paradise, or what?

Comment

Interlude over.
      "S" is for ...

Comment

Just a quick summary: Need a new "S" from Roehre. When this is done (not a problem for him, I'm sure) we'll take Megan's "T" (Twelve Contredances) and move on to the "U" (but not Megan). Hope all is clear.

Comment

You're talking to yourself again, Philip...

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
            Whilst we're waiting, I thought I'd just mention I might well be going to Vienna soon for 4 days... alone!!!! No kid(s), no 'significant other'. Aha! Gonna do me a full Beethoven immersion and see the things I missed last time. Plus a bit of Bruckner on the side. And Wiener Schnitzel everyday. Paradise, or what?
            Which Bruckner sites would you visit?

Comment

Dear Roehre, "S" is for ...
              S**t, something B had quite often to do when he suffered from cramps in his intestines (together with his eye inflammations the most sure symptoms of Krohns disease - a recurring type of inflammation of guts)
              Last edited by Roehre; 09-18-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                Which Bruckner sites would you visit?
                His lodgings, the bars and restaurants he frequented (if they still exist), Hanslick's residence (where I would daub some graffiti along the lines of "Bruckner was here, you SOB" and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                  S**t, something B had quite often to do when he suffered from cramps...
                  Spit?...

Comment

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                    S**t, something B had quite often to do when he suffered from cramps in his intestines (together with his eye inflammations the most sure symptoms of Krohns disease)
                    An unorthodox answer, but spot on. Also an expletive Beethoven uttered almost everyday when he woke up with a hangover and realized he had some dumb but pretty young female aristocrat to teach.

And now, back on track, "U" is for ...

Comment

Got to dash out for some fags, back in 10" ...
                      Last edited by Quijote; 09-18-2012, 10:02 PM. Reason: Fags (GB sense).

Comment

An unorthodox answer, but spot on. Also an expletive Beethoven uttered almost everyday when he woke up with a hangover and realized he had some dumb but pretty young female aristocrat to teach.
                        It's almost unbelievable that Beethoven was a 'piano teacher'. It's like taking driving lessons and having Michael Schumacher as your instructor. Or brushing up your computer skills, booking in with Bill Gates...

Comment

Got to dash out for some fags, back in 10" ...
                          Well, Ooh La La!!

No need to rush it, Phil. Make sure you get your money's worth...
                          Last edited by PDG; 09-18-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Well, seeing as this thread is rapidly going downhill, I would respectfully submit as my U a liquid which filled an unemptied chamber-pot under Beethoven's piano.
                            This was noticed by a visitor and has been mentioned in many accounts.

Comment

You're In murky waters with that U, Michael...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                Well, seeing as this thread is rapidly going downhill, I would respectfully submit as my U a liquid which filled an unemptied chamber-pot under Beethoven's piano.
                                This was noticed by a visitor and has been mentioned in many accounts.
                                'Ungarian Tokay Pinot Gris? Unorthodox, but accepted !!
                                "V" is for ...

Comment

Working...
                                X