Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
    O = Opus, number given to a work, not necessarily by Beethoven (like 24, 39, 41, 42, 43, 63, 64, 81b, 103, 129, 136, 137, 138 and upwards)

Upwards of 138 would be interesting with Beethoven! But anyway, thanks for tonight's winning lottery numbers...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      There are over a dozen Os to be found in a certain body of Beethoven's work. I'll abstain (it's not my turn anyway).

I'll give a clue: Not PDG's favourite Beethoven.
      As in "Oh my God, not that lightweight fluff again!!" ?

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
        Upwards of 138 would be interesting with Beethoven! But anyway, thanks for tonight's winning lottery numbers...

The Piano Trio WoO 39 is opus 154 and i am NOT kidding you

Comment

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
          The Piano Trio WoO 39 is opus 154 and i am NOT kidding you
          I think you have nicely-timed P there, Roehre.

Comment

Questa Tomba Oscura?

Comment

Rudolph, Archduke. An Archbishop, a Cardinal and a Piano Trio - all in one.

Comment

S = Simon Sechter, another contributor to the original DV project. Got a few more like these up my sleeve !!
                PS: Sechter was also Bruckner's teacher. Sorry, had to mention AB.

Comment

Quiz is going well, though as Michael suggested we may in later later rounds have to eliminate a few letters. Let's cross that bridge when we get there.
                  Anyway, T is for ..

Comment

S is also for Six - we are now on page 6. Didn't think was possible...

Comment

S is also for Six - we are now on page 6. Didn't think was possible...
                      Anything is possible on this forum, PDG! I'm sure Roehre and Michael are saving their "big guns" for later, meaning the really obscure LvB references for when the going gets really tough ...

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                        I'm sure Roehre and Michael are saving their "big guns" for later, meaning the really obscure LvB references for when the going gets really tough ...
                        Maybe, but they still haven't managed a decent 'X' between them so far!...

Comment

Maybe, but they still haven't managed a decent 'X' between them so far!...
                          I take Xception to that.

(But that doesn't mean I have anything.)

Comment

I've got an "X", a bit tenuous, but it covers the remit. Anyway, T is for ...

Comment

"Tremate, empi, tremate" (Tremble, guilty ones, tremble) Opus 116.
                              Trio for soprano, tenor and bass with orchestral accompaniment.

Comment

U = Ungargasse, near the Glacis in Vienna, where B had lodgings.

Comment

Working...
                                X