Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PDG View Post
    You're welcome, Sorrano, but quite honestly....(groan...), after such a big build up, that's nearly as bad as Roehre's Symphony no.X...
    Next round we'll be looking forward to your offering! Hope we can get past Q as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Vestas Feuer (Vesta's Fire). Only about ten minutes of this opera remains in full score. The idea for Fidelio came along and B abandoned it.
      I'd been waiting for pages to use that one

Comment

As far as I have been able to discover, there are barely half a dozen German words that begin with the letter X. No town in Germany begins with the letter X.I think we should draw an X through the X section for the next round.
        Unless somebody has some Xtra information .......

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          I'd been waiting for pages to use that one
          I know the feeling. It's the time lag. V could be a problem once we reach round 12.

Comment

As far as I have been able to discover, there are barely half a dozen German words that begin with the letter X. No town in Germany begins with the letter X.I think we should draw an X through the X section for the next round.
            Unless somebody has some Xtra information .......
            Whoa! I have an X which could see me retire safely to the lucrative after-dinner-speaking circuit on the mere strength of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
              X is for XP (Windows) wherein one of the music samples provided contains an excerpt of Beethoven's 9th Symphony. (Okay, that may be stretching it, but it's an X.)

Thanks, PDG!
              Could we use Windows 7 and Opus 92?

Comment

Whoa! I have an X which could see me retire safely to the lucrative after-dinner-speaking circuit on the mere strength of it...
                Let's hear it - or are you saving it for round 24? I've to go to a party next door in about ten minutes!

Comment

Saving it for the next round - I can't follow Y with X (unless we start going backwards). Turn me on, dead man...

Comment

Saving it for the next round - I can't follow Y with X (unless we start going backwards). Turn me on, dead man...
                    I buried Paul.

Comment

Z = Zelter (Carl Friedrich), composer and contemporary of Beethoven (1758-1836), friend of Goethe and an admirer of Haydn.

Well done again for Round 3.

Comment

A-Z Beethoven Quiz Round 4

A is for ...

Comment

Ignaz Assmayer, contributor to Diabelli's original Variations project.

Comment

Beethoven, Ludwig van. Greatest composer of all time.

(I can't see how this can be disallowed. Anyway, I'm off to a party!)

Comment

I buried Paul.
                              I always take your comments with a dollop of cranberry sauce. Aren't you going to be late for your party?

Comment

I always take your comments with a dollop of cranberry sauce. Aren't you going to be late for your party?
                                Going out the door. Cheers! Nothing is real!

Comment

Working...
                                X