Immortal Beloved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immortal Beloved

I have heard some reports that Beethoven never "got over" his Immortal Beloved and that he went to the grave loving her. Ist there any truth to this?

Obviously it affected him deeply - the intensity of the letters show that it wasn't something he would have casually forgotten!

This is not unique to Beethoven - it happens in one way or another to all of us in our lives, we just have to pick up the pieces and move on which is exactly what Beethoven had to do.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by DAG1076:
      I have heard some reports that Beethoven never "got over" his Immortal Beloved and that he went to the grave loving her. Ist there any truth to this?
      Went to the grave loving her? Was his coffin big enough for that sort of activity??

Comment

Let us hope so !!!

------------------
        Claudie
        Claudie

Comment

Maybe even now he's keeping poor Schubert awake at nights.......

Use your imaginations, people!!!

Comment

To all who have responded to my question, thank you. I appreciate it. Have any of you heard the CD "Beethoven's last night" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra? Interesting concept CD.

Comment

Originally posted by DAG1076:
              To all who have responded to my question, thank you. I appreciate it. Have any of you heard the CD "Beethoven's last night" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra? Interesting concept CD.
              I got that Cd Beethoven's Last night! That Cd is awsome!!

------------------
              freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:
                I got that Cd Beethoven's Last night! That Cd is awsome!!

Considering B himself spent his last night unconscious I wonder what this cd has to offer?!

------------------
                "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
                http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
                  Considering B himself spent his last night unconscious I wonder what this cd has to offer?!

you could find out my friend. I know he spent his last night unconscious. You need to check out that cd thought.

------------------
                  freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

I have a further question on this topic. ...Having read that the translation from German, that "Eternal Beloved" would be a more accurate translation into English than "Immortal Beloved" ...I was wondering...where to find these letters in their original German, does anybody know? I have read them in English and I would like to see the original German versions. Appreciate any help in finding them. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lunacyana:
                      I have a further question on this topic. ...Having read that the translation from German, that "Eternal Beloved" would be a more accurate translation into English than "Immortal Beloved" ...I was wondering...where to find these letters in their original German, does anybody know? I have read them in English and I would like to see the original German versions. Appreciate any help in finding them. Thanks
                      The term 'Eternal' is the correct translation from what I have read and certainly more appropriate in English. Nobody in England would say 'immortal beloved', it's too melodramatic, but we do say, for example 'eternally yours'. Haven't got the German translation I'm afraid.

------------------
                      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
                      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by lunacyana:
                        The BEETHOVEN HAUS in BONN edited in 1986 the letter, in german, with the fac-similé.
                        The author Siehard BRANDENBURG have done a very interesting report about it of 32 pages.
                        Page per page everything is exactly transmitted. Eternal is more appropriated. And one thing important NOBODY care about there are words cancelled by SCHINDLER but till lisible after "as curist I must go to sleep - o come with me, come with-) Those "come with" are never taken in consideration but explain a lot about this relationship...
                        If you cannot find the text in german, please mail me, I will be very pleased to send you a photocopy of this book or to mail you the complete text in german.
                        The title of the book ie "BEETHOVEN, Der Brief an die Unsterbliche Geliebte".
                        Don't feel shy to ask me. I will do it very friendly.

------------------
                        Claudie
                        Claudie

Comment

Working...
                        X