Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A naive question about Leonard Bernstein.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A naive question about Leonard Bernstein.

It's this: he composed the music for the Broadway hit West Side Story, which was later made into the homonimous film (1961). Who orchestrated the music for the sound track? Better yet: when he wrote the original music, did he also orchestrated it? I would like to know.

Sid Ramin and Irwin Kostal orchestrated both the original and the movie version. Bernstein himself was involved in the revisions of the orchestration for the original. He did not care for the orchestration for the movie version.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Sid Ramin and Irwin Kostal orchestrated both the original and the movie version. Bernstein himself was involved in the revisions of the orchestration for the original. He did not care for the orchestration for the movie version.
      Thanks a lot. I hence presume this is normal practice for Broadway theatrical productions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        Thanks Chris, this had so far escaped my attention

Comment

Working...
        X