a connection with ave maria by Schubert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a connection with ave maria by Schubert

For me, I feel a fairly deep connection with Schubert's Ave Maria. It is one of the only classical pieces I connect with - I see this now.

Is there another piece as beautiful and as cathcy (I guess I somewhat connect stronger with catchy music - which can be qute diverse, to my mind?) as Ave Maria by Schubert?

Nothing by Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, etc. moves me so. I just cannot connect with their music.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

What of the slow movement of Beethoven's "Pathetique" piano sonata? It seems to have similar qualities - slow, beautiful, tuneful...

Comment

......and the slow movements in the following pieces by Beethoven, The Hammerklavier, opus 106,Adagio sostenuto ("the apotheosis of pain")
      The Emperor
      Missa Solemnis, benedictus.
      The late string quartet, will check on the no.

Last edited by Megan; 04-20-2012, 05:26 PM.
      🎹

Comment

I personally think the 2nd mvt of the sonata opus 90 has more similarities to Schubert's Ave Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
          I personally think the 2nd mvt of the sonata opus 90 has more similarities to Schubert's Ave Maria
          Truly one of Beethoven's most beautiful melodies.

Comment

Schubert's Ave Maria is also a very emotional piece for me. I told my husband that I want to have this played at my funeral. Another work that effects my spirit is the second movement of Beethoven's Sym. #7 which is also another music choice for my funeral.
            "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
              Certainly I think it's the closest to Schubert he gets, the irony being he probably didn't know any of Schubert's music at that time.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

thanks for the advice all.
                Originally posted by Chris View Post
                What of the slow movement of Beethoven's "Pathetique" piano sonata? It seems to have similar qualities - slow, beautiful, tuneful...
                concerning the ave maria done by Schubert, i don't know what the closest Beethoven work is, though i wanted to mention the 1st mov. of the Moonlight Sonata? it affects me also, so i guess it is similar in a catchier or immediately gripping sense though perpindicular to ave maria in a sense also?
                - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
                X