185 Years Ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

185 Years Ago

Well, we all know what happened on the 26th March, 1827.

"Ar dheis De go raibh a h-anam"

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Well, we all know what happened on the 26th March, 1827.

"Ar dheis De go raibh a h-anam"
    A snow storm with thunder and lightning over Vienna at the moment one Ludwig van Beethoven passed away, perhaps?

Comment

I heard a live lecture/performance of the Eroica last Friday evening. Various photos were projected on a large screen during the full performance of the Marche Funebre. The final photo was of Beethoven's tombstone. I cried. I have a sister who is deaf and know the frustration that comes with not being able to easily communicate in the larger world. I have often wished I could have been LVB's confidant during his struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
        A snow storm with thunder and lightning over Vienna at the moment one Ludwig van Beethoven passed away, perhaps?
        Quite the opposite of today's weather here in Vienna--sunny, clear skies and 20°C.
        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          Quite the opposite of today's weather here in Vienna--sunny, clear skies and 20°C.
          Like here in North Wales, btw (and in Scotland the temperature record for March was broken three times in as many days: over 23 C).

Comment

Working...
          X