a sketch for 4th mov. for the 10th symphony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a sketch for 4th mov. for the 10th symphony

According to the Beethovenhaus in Bonn there is a sketch for a 4th movement titled "4th piece" from 1822 among sketches for the 1st mov. for the 10th symphony. I was a bit astonished because the theme is in Bb-Major, so I asked there by eMail and got a confirmation. I think this theme is one of the most jubilent themes from Beethoven and - as I did with other sketches for the "10th" symphony - I wrote a symphonic movement in C-Major for fun which is now the final movement of my symphony.

At the end of the following page you can see the sketch and my realisation in MP3 and pdf-score:

www.gerdprengel.de/symphony-c-minor.html

"Symphony IV. Finale Allegro con spirito"

Maybe you want to take the time and listen to it and read the score. What do you think of the theme (I changed it a little in the 2nd measure) and the work? Please let me know your impressions ...

Gerd

I know too little of music. Though, it does seem you have put a lot of thought and work into it. Congratulations!
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

The best thing to come out of Barry Cooper's realisation was that lovely theme from the slow movement. I think doing it for fun is great! I'll try listening to your version when time allows.
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by gprengel View Post
        Maybe you want to take the time and listen to it and read the score. What do you think of the theme (I changed it a little in the 2nd measure) and the work? Please let me know your impressions ...Gerd
        I did (take the time). What do I think of the theme? It is fine, as a theme. My impressions? You certainly know how to put notes on paper; indeed, it is a commendable academic exercise, and one I would be delighted to see my students attempt. As a truly artistic endeavour though, I must say I don't see the point of pastiche. Sorry to be blunt, but you did ask.

Comment

Working...
        X