Immortal Beloved - new theory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philip View Post
    Gosh, that's a very strong condemnation of Solomon! Still, Beethoven in general and perhaps the immortal Belovèd in particular bring out the worst in all of us, n'est ce pas? In any case, I do appreciate that you have made available your investigations into the question, and I can assure you that I am still reading your "book" and am thoroughly enjoying it.
    I will thoroughly enjoy Philip's critique when he is finished the last page. One thing about biographers, Philip: I noticed that they are pretty good at taking each other apart without our help-and it's generally amusing to be an innocent bystander and observe all that fun stuff taking shape...

ah special K, in giving good old Solomon the go-around, you've actuated the wheels of karmic action into motion:
    what goes around comes around...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHnjgsjXSJY
    round and round we go (I will await with baited breath the next IBeethoven biographer-in-line to Analyze You, Babay)

saweeet!

I'm sure your book is entertaining and informing to an intended degrees, after all is said and done-maybe I'll get me a copy sometime in the "near future"..
    xoxoxoxooxox
    E
    "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSpecialK View Post
      You can find all the answers in https://www.createspace.com/3561406, and the "brickwall" that needs to be cracked, the veil that needs to be lifted (after 200 years of stony silence) is the fact that NOT ONLY Beethoven "knew" who the "Immrtal Beloved" was (is THAT news?), but the Brunsviks knew all along - and there is a good chance that Christoph von Stackelberg knew very well that Minona was not his child (even Stackelberg's descendent today are of this belief). What needs to be EXPLAINED is not so much this or that detail (esp. cryptic remarks) but the FACT that Beethoven's love of Josephine was from the beginning, all the time, kept absolutely SECRET - like this Letter's addressee. And if J had not kept (some of) his love letters (and surely not because she did not love him any more!) then we would still be speculating. -
      "MOST LIKELY": We have to evaluate "Evidence" vs. "Hearsay". In the same way, Antonie was MOST LIKELY not LvB's "Immortal Beloved" because there is no supporting evidence that makes it likely (or rather conceivable).
      Another significant thing that requires a good look:
      "If only you didn't love me so passionately..." From J to B. Wow, what a nice cold sharp slap directed towards B. Good Lord: no soul mate would ever be so insensitive to their own-and as long as they had known each other, surely J would have recognized him as being her soul mate...long enough that if she did, more likely than not she would have encouraged him:

"Pour some sugar on me....won't you fire me up??...and to hell with whoever knows of it!"

E.
      "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Working...
      X