No announcement yet.

Beethoven and the Zipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the information Philip. I think that is good what is happening at the Musica. I too dress quite casual.

Regarding dress, as Hofrat has pointed out, when in doubt rely on Beethoven. Jk, though I am not surprised at Beethoven refusing to dress-up and quite like it.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

I think people dress entirely too casually these days. I think you should dress in a way befitting the dignity or importance of the place you are going. I think going somewhere to appreciate fine art makes fine dress an appropriate choice.

Comment

OK Chris, no problem with your stance, but it's not my way. Would you put on your "Sunday best" to visit an art exhibition? (I don't know, shall we say Picasso?)
        I do understand that's it's all about dress codes, and dressing in certain ways are expected (be that a job interview, visiting a church, mosque, attending a funeral, wedding ...). But for listening to music, I go for the music, and I am the paying customer. I suppose the "payment" element is the factor that decides if the dress code can be ignored.

Comment

I might not wear a suit, but I would at least wear dress pants and a dress shirt, and I wouldn't attend a classical music concert in anything less than that. Exceptions could be made for more informal events, certainly outdoor events, events targeted at children, etc.

Comment

Yes, Philip is right - each to their own. Chris, I think people have too much money nowadays and think they are better or more good than people - but I am not sure?

Personally, I like Beethoven's approach because it is not only what he believed in but also what I believe in, . I will be damned before I dress up for a classical music concert of Beethoven - I would rather dress in filthy rags and trash bags!!! LOL!
            - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

I think Beethoven dressed up for concerts - he just seemed unwilling to wear a uniform or costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                I think Beethoven dressed up for concerts - he just seemed unwilling to wear a uniform or costume.
                That is about the way I am with suits and ties. I have nothing against dressing nicely, but I can't stand the extra formal wear.

Comment

Here is an interesting Etude:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Etude-6/727592

Comment

Working...
                  X