BEETHOVEN RADIO ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEETHOVEN RADIO ???

Does anyone know what happened to Beethoven Radio??
    Their portal still appears at:
    http://www.streamaudio.com/Player/Pl..._IR&filename=# but it does not play.
    I tried this site on Opera, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer, but no go. Have they moved elsewhere? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
    Cocchini

I clicked on your link and after, I declined the membership offer or whatever, it played okay. Maybe it's your computer audio setup? Can you get other audio on it?

Comment

Facinating, as Spock said in the Star Trek episode, "The Day of the Gun," after making a canister that was supposed to deliver a knock-out gas which then did not work: "It does not work, but it MUST work...therefore all of this which surrounds us MUST be an illusion." I tried all of the suggestions listed in the Beethoven Radio "Help" section - to no avail.

Interesting, that I have no trouble receiving "Radio Mozart", http://radiomozart.net/default.aspx loud and clear. I believe that this is a similiar set-up.
      Cocchini

Comment

Originally posted by Cocchini View Post
        Facinating, as Spock said in the Star Trek episode, "The Day of the Gun," after making a canister that was supposed to deliver a knock-out gas which then did not work: "It does not work, but it MUST work...therefore all of this which surrounds us MUST be an illusion." I tried all of the suggestions listed in the Beethoven Radio "Help" section - to no avail.
        That episode was actually called "Spectre of the Gun." And yes, I knew that without having to look it up. And yes, I am ashamed that I knew that without having to look it up

Comment

The title, "Day of the Gun" may have been confused with the movie "Hour of the Gun", which was about Wyatt Earp ("Spectre of the Gun" revolved around the same historical event). I rather liked the Star Trek episode, myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
            The title, "Day of the Gun" may have been confused with the movie "Hour of the Gun", which was about Wyatt Earp ("Spectre of the Gun" revolved around the same historical event). I rather liked the Star Trek episode, myself.
            I did too. I also found it amusing watching DeForrest Kelley in that episode, who played Morgan Earp in the 1957 Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.

Comment

I've watched that movie, but never made the connection with DeForrest Kelley. I'll have to watch that again, sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                That episode was actually called "Spectre of the Gun." And yes, I knew that without having to look it up. And yes, I am ashamed that I knew that without having to look it up
                A "Star-Trek" and a "Star Wars" fan, Chris? I thought you had to be either one or the other?

And I'm sure all this is a big help to Cocchini and the radio problem! (But then Cocchini started it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  A "Star-Trek" and a "Star Wars" fan, Chris? I thought you had to be either one or the other?
                  I'm not sure whether to be depressed because I am such a huge nerd that I like both or relieved that I'm not a huge enough nerd to take sides.

Comment

Well, this is totally off-topic, but I have to say I am a huge fan of Star-Trek but I never "got" Luke Skywalker and Co. (Not for want of trying - my son has all the DVDs. I don't actually dislike them but they are not really science-fiction. Maybe the fact that I took my wife to see the first original movie back in the 70's has conditioned me.)

Enough! What about Beethoven Radio (which I am listening to now as I type - they're playing some folksong arrangements)?

Comment

Well, this is totally off-topic, but I have to say I am a huge fan of Star-Trek but I never "got" Luke Skywalker and Co. (Not for want of trying - my son has all the DVDs. I don't actually dislike them but they are not really science-fiction [...]
                      Not being a nerd, I would like to ask Michael what his definition of science-fiction is, or is not. Really, I would like to know. Please add the "perplexed" icon.

Comment

WORKING!!

I am so glad to report that, after getting a NEW computer running on Windows 7, I am receiving "Beethoven Only" loud and clear! Now, finally, I can bask in the bright light of B.
                        Cocchini

Comment

Originally posted by Cocchini View Post
                          I am so glad to report that, after getting a NEW computer running on Windows 7, I am receiving "Beethoven Only" loud and clear! Now, finally, I can bask in the bright light of B.
                          We can all breathe again!
                          Seriously, thanks for drawing my attention to it. It really is completely Beethoven. I love the way they announce the WoO (work without opus) pieces as simply "woo" (rhyming with "too"). It saves a lot of time.

Comment

We can all breathe again!
                            Seriously, thanks for drawing my attention to it. It really is completely Beethoven. I love the way they announce the WoO (work without opus) pieces as simply "woo" (rhyming with "too"). It saves a lot of time.
                            Ha, that's how I always say it my head.

Comment

Cocchinni,
                              You may also be interested in this link.
                              http://www.dw-world.de/dw/0,2142,12257,00.html

Chris. The links page on the Beethoven Reference site gives a link to 24hr Beethoven Radio, but doesn't seem to work. Is this what Cocchini was referring to?
                              http://everybodysmusic.com/
                              Last edited by Megan; 04-09-2011, 03:13 PM.
                              🎹

Comment

Working...
                              X