Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Beethoven played the guitar it might have sounded like this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Beethoven played the guitar it might have sounded like this....

I've been using synthfonts to help me actualize my guitar arrangements of some of Beethoven's music. Here I offer up a few of the early piano works. These were not too hard because the range of the pianoforte was smaller, but lately I started on the Diabelli Variations and those are - well if I used actual dead tree paper there would be a full wastebasket!

Here's my blog post where I offer up:
    9 Variations On A March Of Dressler, WoO.63
    10 Variations on 'La stessa, la stessissima' from 'Falstaff' by Salieri, WoO.73 and
    Rondo a capriccio in G Major, 'Rage over a Lost Penny' Op.129

http://lvbandmore.blogspot.com/2010/...guitar-v1.html

Hope you enjoy them.
    The Daily Beethoven

Thanks for that Ed. I too, wish Beethoven would have written some for the guitar. So, it is interesting to hear the pieces in that format. I read an article on the internet that said Beethoven wrote a guitar concerto , after a meeting with Fernando Sor- that was recently discovered. Unfortunately, it turned out to be an April Fool's joke! Quite a cruel one too.

I would recommend rendering your midi files with a real guitar- it would give it a much more realistic sound, and add some reverb, . You can get free guitars from Yellow Tools. Yellow Tools have a VSTi plug-in called Independence Free- supposedly a lot of people like it. Here is the link, http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=842 .
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
      I would recommend rendering your midi files with a real guitar- it would give it a much more realistic sound, and add some reverb, . You can get free guitars from Yellow Tools. Yellow Tools have a VSTi plug-in called Independence Free- supposedly a lot of people like it. Here is the link, http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=842 .
      Thanks for the info Preston - I will try it out. Frankly I've never used midi in this way before, I usually just play it on guitar, but I got impatient
      The Daily Beethoven

Comment

Nowadays, a lot of people use midi this way. It is really fascinating.

Though, make sure you have the right software and appropriate hardware to do it. You will probably need to look into it a little. The rewards are great though.

If you send me the guitar midi files, I will try to render them with a real guitar. I have not installed Independence Free, though I will give it a shot. So, just let me know.

Comment

This is interesting - I just discovered this letter in the Nohl book of Letters

To Baron Zmeskall Von Domanowecz.

My Cheapest (not Dearest) Baron,—

Desire the guitar-player to come to me to-day. Amenda (instead of an amende [fine], which he sometimes deserves for not observing his rests properly) must persuade this popular guitarist to visit me, and if possible to come at five o'clock this evening; if not then, at five or six o'clock to-morrow morning; but he must not waken me if I chance to be still asleep. Adieu, mon ami d bon marche. Perhaps we may meet at the " Swan " ?

I wonder if Beethoven had thoughts of writing more for guitar after all...(or maybe he was asleep)

Preston I'll send you the midi file - how can I do that? I installed Independence Free but no sound is coming out. I guess I will have to read the instruction manual....ugh.
          The Daily Beethoven

Comment

Originally posted by Ed C View Post
            Preston I'll send you the midi file - how can I do that? I installed Independence Free but no sound is coming out. I guess I will have to read the instruction manual....ugh.
            Ed, with Independence Free you need to install the soundpacks. There are 8 of them and the complete size of all of them is around 2.5GB. In order to download them you need to login to your Yellow Tools account, go to the downloads section and you will see all 8 files in the .zip format at the bottom of the webpage, and minor directions on how to install them. It would probably be best to read the manual to get a better understanding of it.

One thing of great importance is that you need an ASIO compatible soundcard. Though, no worries if you do not have one, because you can install ASIO4ALL.

Regarding the midi files, check your PM for my email.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
              Ed, with Independence Free you need to install the soundpacks. There are 8 of them and the complete size of all of them is around 2.5GB. In order to download them you need to login to your Yellow Tools account, go to the downloads section and you will see all 8 files in the .zip format at the bottom of the webpage, and minor directions on how to install them. It would probably be best to read the manual to get a better understanding of it.

One thing of great importance is that you need an ASIO compatible soundcard. Though, no worries if you do not have one, because you can install ASIO4ALL.

Regarding the midi files, check your PM for my email.
              Yeah I'd already downloaded all 8 packs and I have ASIO...I'm sure it's something to do with my Vista set up.
              The Daily Beethoven

Comment

Working...
              X