X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOZART TOWER

Just came across this incredible site:

http://www.mozart-music-system.de/mozart-turm/mozart00.htm

Now, if we could have something like this for you-know-who!

BTW, works best if you are using Google's Chrome browser, the selections play almost immediately.
    Cocchini

Wow......

We haven't got such a complete site for "Our" composer (yet) , thought progress is definitely made .

Comment

Yes well done Cocchini, it's a great find! Incidentally it seems pretty quick with firefox.
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

The break-down seems to follow the Complete Mozart Edition. I wonder if these are all those recordings? It's wonderful, but I wonder if it is legal. I can't really tell who runs the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          The break-down seems to follow the Complete Mozart Edition. I wonder if these are all those recordings? It's wonderful, but I wonder if it is legal. I can't really tell who runs the site.
          Yes I wondered about that - is it ok to listen? What is the legal position?
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            Yes I wondered about that - is it ok to listen? What is the legal position?
            This is really an awesome treasure!! Every day I discover new things at this site. Especially interesting were for me the fragmentary string quartett and quintett movements KV 464a, KV514a, KV580b,... and the Concert Arias like KV 612, which I never heard before...

Regarding the Legal issue, I would say that this is very problematic. I emailed the person and got a ridiculous answer: He said: "Mozart is dead since 1791 and so the work is free"

Comment

Hi Gerd;

That is not entirely true. True that 70 years (in the USA) after the death of the composer his works become public domain. But the recording companies and publishing houses still have their rights. If someone would publish a work by Mozart, none of Mozart's descendents (if there are any) has any rights. If anyone copies or uses this publication for profit without explicit permission may be sued by the publishing house. We can take this example a step further. If a recording company records the same Mozart work, the recording company has rights. So, a movie production can not use the recording in his production without explicit permission.

Beethoven was one of the first musician who advocated artist rights for composers.
              "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Tip

If you want to hear more than one selection at a time in the Mozart Tower: using Internet Explorer, highlight selections you want to hear, and using Orbit Downloader, point to "download selections" (or you can download the entire page if you want!) and download to your favorite folder (temporary folder, or create a folder for this). A listing of the works in question will appear. If you then highlight what you want to hear and press enter, the pieces will play in your default MP3 player. Naturally, you will have to install Orbit Downloader in advance.
                Cocchini

Comment

Working...
                X