Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andante sonata WoO 47/1

Hello,
    Last year I attended the prep year of the Conservatory called the Lemmens instute in Belgium but I didn't get trough. Now I study musicology at the university of Leuven *the same City where the Lemmens resides.* A few days ago I visited the Lemmens and I saw that the fortepiano-room was opened. And even though it's illegal for non-pianoforte students to play the pianoforte. I couldn't resist myself:$. The temptation was to big. The only book I had with me were the kürfurstensonaten by our beloved Beethoven. I never "studied" them and this andante is for about 50% a sightread. But I just had to record something on a Pianoforte. It was the 2nd time ever I played on one, the first time also being on the lemmens for about 55 sec. before I was shooed away *from then on I knew it was illegal *
    I figured I'd post the link since it's a beethovenforum.
    I made some mistakes I know....but it was very weird playing on such an instrument.
    Enjoy,

Ruud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On9C1VQbAWA

That's great! Thanks for sharing this!

Comment

Yes thanks for that and well done on your sight-reading!
      It is a totally different experience playing on these original instruments - in the UK we have a place called Finchcocks where the public are invited to play the many varied instruments on display, quite unique and in the lovely setting of an old Georgian country house. www.finchcocks.co.uk
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

Bravissimo!!! I one day hope to start taking piano lessons instead of trying to teach myself, it just isn't working out. The last piano teacher I had was a 16-17 year old guy, who wasn't the best teacher, and I was 24, I quit after one lesson, lol.

I am going to try to find someone who starts you off by focusing on form and technique, instead of trying to learn how to read music first. I think that is the way it should be done but maybe I am wrong.
          - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

I think it's pretty important for an adult student to learn to read music as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
            X