Mozart: The Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozart: The Game

Found this today, it is a game called Mozart: Le Jue. It is suppose to be released later this year, although sometimes games get backtracked. It seems to have a darker tone to it. I couldn't read about the story of the game because the website is not in English. It is an adventure game so there is not fighting or anything like that, just a story about Mozart. The graphics seem to be exceptional. Here is the link: http://www.mozart-lejeu.com/.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Thanks for that Preston - I don't know if you've seen this Beethoven link.

http://www.beethovenshair.ca/flash.html
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post

Excellent, Peter. But why oh why do people insist on calling him Ludwig VON Beethoven?

Comment

Great link Peter, it is definitely in my bookmarks/favorites. Do you have anymore interesting links? Peter, I hope that you plan on playing Mozart: Le Jeu.
        Last edited by Preston; 07-07-2007, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
          Great link Peter, it is definitely in my bookmarks/favorites. Do you have anymore interesting links? Peter, I hope that you plan on playing Mozart: Le Jeu.

Yes I'd certainly look at that Mozart site again, but it doesn't appear to be working properly at the moment and unfortunately it isn't in English - amazing graphics!

Try visiting the links page on the main Beethoven reference site (if you haven't already!)

www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/link.html
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Yes I'd certainly look at that Mozart site again, but it doesn't appear to be working properly at the moment and unfortunately it isn't in English - amazing graphics!

Try visiting the links page on the main Beethoven reference site (if you haven't already!)

www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/link.html
            They should eventually come out with an English website. The game probably won't be out until 2008, I imagine, so that means that an English website may be a while. Yes the adventure game artist are pretty talented. The level of realism in some adventure games blows my mind, and it is all done on a computer! Except the concept art. I have expected that due to the level of artistry in adventure games that they would eventually due something like Mozart: Le Jeu, but I am still surprised somewhat that they are making a game about Mozart. I imagine that the finished product will be an excellent graphical adventure!

Peter, I am glad that you might be planning on playing it. I think you will thoroughly enjoy it. Once it comes out I will guide you through the process (computer specs, walkthrough, etc.).

Yes, I have to The Beethoven Reference Site, many times, . Excellent site by the way! A lot of work has been put into it, seems to me.
            Last edited by Preston; 07-08-2007, 07:10 AM.

Comment

That's kind of fun, Peter! Thanks for pointing that out. I've been doodling around with it for the last hour. Sometimes the Flash mish-mash gets in the way (while I was reading, the big white ball flew into view & ghostly images of the composer's deathbed flooded the screen, preventing me from reading on), but there's a lot to explore.

I'm working my way through the timeline, trying to read everything. The text on the final stay in Gneixendorf indicates that the two brothers & the nephew all "made peace" & had a good time. That's odd -- everything else I've ever read on that says that they argued a lot with one another, Karl didn't spend much time hanging around the estate, B. & his sister-in-law either argued or ignored each other, & everyone returned home in a funk.

What's the deal here?

I had forgotten that the Cavatina was put aboard the Jupiter probe. But it occurs to me now: Did they put a recording of it or just a manuscript? If recording, whose?

Comment

Though the chances are probably slim, I hope there is a localized NA version.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhire View Post
                  Though the chances are probably slim, I hope there is a localized NA version.
                  I don't think that the chances are that slim. With the majority of the other games that have been made in Europe a lot of them, if not all, have an English version.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidO View Post
                    I'm working my way through the timeline, trying to read everything. The text on the final stay in Gneixendorf indicates that the two brothers & the nephew all "made peace" & had a good time. That's odd -- everything else I've ever read on that says that they argued a lot with one another, Karl didn't spend much time hanging around the estate, B. & his sister-in-law either argued or ignored each other, & everyone returned home in a funk.

What's the deal here?
                    I read in Beethoven by Solomon, not that long ago, that things went pretty good, I think. The reason I say I think is because I am not sure exactly what it said, I read it to long ago to remember. But, it said things like Karl would call him father a lot and didn't want to go to the service because of his ill uncle (Beethoven). I think it went kind of good, in all. I guess the big thing is that Karl came to love his uncle again. I am sure that there were rages and arguments though. What I posted is in much more detail in Beethoven by Solomon, in the chapter "The Return to Bonn".
                    Last edited by Preston; 07-12-2007, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidO View Post
                      That's kind of fun, Peter! Thanks for pointing that out. I've been doodling around with it for the last hour. Sometimes the Flash mish-mash gets in the way (while I was reading, the big white ball flew into view & ghostly images of the composer's deathbed flooded the screen, preventing me from reading on), but there's a lot to explore.

What's the deal here?

I had forgotten that the Cavatina was put aboard the Jupiter probe. But it occurs to me now: Did they put a recording of it or just a manuscript? If recording, whose?
                      Your account of the Gneixendorf visit is based largely on Schindler's version of events - Beethoven left Gneixendorf in response to a letter from Johann suggesting that it was not good for Karl to remain on the estate any longer. From the conversation books it is clear that relations were strained not only with the nephew but his brother as well - Karl writes "...You treated your brother in the same way today without cause. You must remember that other people are also human beings."
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

The adventure game that Micro Application will distribute at the end of 2007 is illustrated here, giving a brief glimpse of the technology used in the creation of the game's environments. Largely employed in the cinema, Matte Painting is introduced for the first time in a video game. Recreated from more than 6000 photographs, Prague is the scene of a plot which implicates the gifted composer. Here are "before and after" images.
                        http://www.clubic.com/actualite-7650...tml?xtor=EPR-3

I believe that what they have done for the game is taken actual environments in Prague, which can be seen in the before pictures, and done matte paintings of them and added 3d renders, which can be seen in the after pictures. Here is some information on matte painting, and here are some matte painted images, to give an idea of what can be done.

Really amazing stuff! It seems to me that the artists really want to make an exact replica of Prague, in Mozart's time, by using a computer... so that they can get everything they need, such as period instruments, environments, paintings, streets, carriages, etc.

Keep in mind, that this game is a very mature game, and does not have fighting, blood and guts, and all the other ridiculous stuff in games today. It is based on the art. The games are interesting to play... they are at a very slow pace and it takes a lot of mind work to solve the puzzles, figure out the details of the story, etc.

It will not take a super computer to run the game but just an minimal to average computer, most likely. Some games require that you have the latest hardware and the most of it!, but not adventure games.
                        Last edited by Preston; 07-13-2007, 10:26 PM.

Comment

On Mozartforum someone looked up a website that had information about the game. Here is what he posted:

"Micro Application have announced a brand new point & click adventure game for the pc simply called “Mozart”. Player’s will be sucked into the historical setting pf Prague along with its “legendary places and architectural treasures combing roman, gothic and baroque styles.”

What is it all about, though? Allow us to elaborate:
                          Prussians and Austro-Hungarians are fighting to gain control of Bohemia. There is a rumour that the armies of the Emperor of Austria, Joseph II, have been defeated after the bloody battle of Carensebes against the Ottomans.
                          At the same time, Mozart, the Emperor’s protégé, is in Prague trying once again to solve his money problems, with no idea of what is just round the corner...”
                          Mozart will be developed by Games Consulting who note that the game will be in the third person and will feature “exceptional graphics”.
                          Players will get the chance to take control of Mozart himself as he explores his local town trying to solve musical riddles along the way. Of course the soundtrack will feature a host of classical pieces from the period."

LizR.
                          Liz.

Comment

Thanks for the information LizR, .

Comment

The site has been updated to English, http://www.mozart-lejeu.com/ .

Comment

Working...
                              X