new book about Handel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new book about Handel

Marian van Til, a friend of mine from another internet list, has written a new book that I think is relevant to this group. It's called _George Frideric Handel: A Music Lover's Guide_ (it has a longer subtitle for the purposes of Internet searches about Handel). Here's what she says about it:

I of course want to invite any of you who enjoy classical music or would like to, or who read biographies or histories to read and buy! Or I guess that should be buy and read. But maybe not. I meant: read the blurbs at this website first: www.wordpowerpublishing.com Then buy. :-) (There's also a short excerpt and the Table of Contents.)

The book is also available at amazon.com. But amazon is indicating a very
    long wait time for it, even though it's immediately available. If anyone
    does want a copy and wishes me to sign it, I'd be happy to.

I just went to a concert this past Sunday of 'The Messiah' at a local church and was very taken with it. This was no small church, with a 160 member chior and it's own orchestra and conductor. They did cut it back to a little over an hour and a half (it's normaly 3 hours long), but they still made it sound very powerful and I really was very impressed with thier production of it. I'll have to check out this new book on Handel now.

Comment

Working...
    X