Copying beethovenbd on youtube.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying beethovenbd on youtube.

well I'll be damned....you can watch the whole copying beethoven movie on youtube....I don't know for how long though.
    This link is the 1st part, other parts are linked in the right of the screen of youtube...I never thought I'd see it before it comes out on dvd over here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Jx1...elated&search=

YOUTUBE COPYING BEETHOVEN....

It probably won't be long before the ip vultures get their cracks at this one. Unless of course it is the copyright owners (whoever they may be) that authorized this upload.

I'm going through this at random (life is too short to do this otherwise) and note that Part 7 is that famous, but somewhat compressed on film, Ode to Joy. See it at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beGTV9Tyyk8

This imaginary reproduction of the performance (even though the edited version of the music is real) brings into very stark contrast the highly sanitized propagandistic film of Furtwangler's 1942 direction in Berlin of that last movement. It must be remembered while watching the Furtwangler clip, that at the same time as he was waving that baton in Berlin, the german army was in the process of liquidating the Warsaw Ghetto.

That Furtwangler blast from the past can be seen on google videos at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqff1F0Ijn0

It's too bad that such an epic work of genius, which has kindled the imagination of so many generations, has been reduced to such cliche.

I'm not at all certain that copying beethoven did very much more than that.
    Part 7, as shown on youtube, is in my opinion, just too cliche ridden...
    A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage

Comment

[QUOTE=ruudp;36227]well I'll be damned....you can watch the whole copying beethoven movie on youtube....

My Italian friends from the site lvb.com (Dominique Prévot) have found it, as they can't find it in Italian; they liked it. This should be a good encouragement for mr. Srivele. In case it comes here, hopefully it'll have success.

Comment

Youtube

I lose interest watching Youtube as the film keeps sticking, pausing and starting , in the end I just lose interest. Not my scene. Does anyone else experience this?

Last edited by Megan; 05-15-2007, 07:59 AM.
        🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
          I loose interest watching Youtube as the film keeps sticking, pausing and starting , in the end I just loose interest. Not my scene. Does anyone else experience this?

By no means. When I click on a You Tube video it immediately starts playing and doesn't stop, until it is over. That is because I have a 3 mbps connection. In other words dsl. If you don't have dsl/cable/etc. or have a low speed dsl/cable/etc. connection then the problem you have described would happen.

Kind Regards,
          Preston
          - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
          X