Beethoven Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven Journal

Some members may be interested in this journal (and if any already use this service I'd be interested to know your opinions) - annual subscription is required of between $38 and $48 dollars depending on where you live.

http://www.press.uillinois.edu/journals/bf.html
    'Man know thyself'

The Beethoven Journal has been published twice-yearly for many years by the American Beethoven Society and the Center for Beethoven Studies, San Jose State University, California. It is subscribed to by every musical library of the most important universities in North America. Major contributors include Malcolm Frager, Theodore Albrecht, Barry Cooper and Jos van der Zanden. It is presumably read by scholars such as Seighard Brandenburg and Maynard Solomon because they have written letters to the editior that have been published in the Journal. Its editor for many years has been Dr. Wm Meredith, himself a pre-eminent Beethoven scholar.

Comment

The original post for this thread referred to the "Beethoven Journal", but the website quoted was for the "Beethoven Forum". I know nothing about the "Beethoven Forum".

Comment

Originally posted by charly View Post
        The original post for this thread referred to the "Beethoven Journal", but the website quoted was for the "Beethoven Forum". I know nothing about the "Beethoven Forum".
        Yes sorry for the confusion - is the journal you are referring to from the Ira F. Brilliant Centre? If so that has itself changed its name from the Beethoven newsletter.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Yes, that's the one. It changed its name from "Beethoven Newsletter" to "Beethoven Journal" in 1995, and is published by the Ira F. Briliant Center for Beethoven Studies in conjunction with the American Beethoven Society. By the way, I misspelled Brandenburg's first name in my initial reply (he is the editor of the most current German version of collected Beethoven letters). His first name is Sieghard, not Seighard.

Comment

Working...
          X