"Copying Beethoven" DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Copying Beethoven" DVD

I heard that the DVD will be released April 3, 2007.
    - Susan

p.s. Amazon.com is listing it for $19.59. I've pre-ordered a copy.

Comment

The way things are going it looks like the dvd will be released before the film even opens here in Vienna.
      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        The way things are going it looks like the dvd will be released before the film even opens here in Vienna.
        Just the same here in the UK - oh well it looks like Amazon to the rescue!
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
          I ask myself what Da Man would say about it - Vienna and London!!

Comment

I just looked up on the IMDb website (link below) for the list of film releases in 2007 for Austria and "Copying Beethoven" isn't listed at all.

http://www.imdb.com/ReleasedInYear?y...ountry=Austria

This film is being release in Hungary on 15 March, in Germany on 5 April and in Belgium on 16 May but not in Austria! Now I am going to have to buy the dvd (which I was planning to do anyway). I just can't believe that this movie is not scheduled to be release here in Austria. How un-Beethoven can you get!
            "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

I just looked up on the IMDb website (link below) for the list of film releases in 2007 for Austria and "Copying Beethoven" isn't listed at all.

This film is being release in Hungary on 15 March, in Germany on 5 April and in Belgium on 16 May but not in Austria! Now I am going to have to buy the dvd (which I was planning to do anyway). I just can't believe that this movie is not scheduled to be release here in Austria. How un-Beethoven can you get!
              Well, it is to be released in Germany in April anyway. Perhaps B. should have stayed in Germany where the public is not as fickle as in Austria!
              See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

I read that this film is to be released in April in my country (well, last year I read the film was to be released in November 2006 - interesting ) but on the imdb is nothing about it.
                Last edited by Eline; 03-02-2007, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                  The same in Italy Anyway, Peter, what shall you and me do? About the DVD I mean: we live in zone A...or B I don't know: how can you but it on Amazon? If it is possible, let me know. We have the same problem: you, Hollywood and me, it seems. We can't buy the American DVD on Amazon, true?

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post
                    The same in Italy Anyway, Peter, what shall you and me do? About the DVD I mean: we live in zone A...or B I don't know: how can you but it on Amazon? If it is possible, let me know. We have the same problem: you, Hollywood and me, it seems. We can't buy the American DVD on Amazon, true?
                    Well I suppose so but I'm still stuck in the video age anyway! However I do play dvds on my PC and laptop and I am able to change the setting there in order to play them. I notice they don't even list the region on Amazon.com but that probably means it is region 1 - in Europe we are region 2.
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Terry, do you have a "code free" dvd player? If so then you can play a dvd from the USA. It's great having one of these since the majority of my dvds are from the USA (NTSC format) but I can also watch dvds from Europe (PAL format).

Since my birthday is coming up I plan to tell my best friend back in Los Angeles what I want and obviously that will be "Copying Beethoven" on dvd. She can get it on Amazon.com or at Barnes & Nobles who also have it (although it's about $5 cheaper on Amazon.com).

Comment

Finland? ???

Comment

I have to control, but I'm afraid I haven't...Thank you anyway. If it is possible, I'll let you know

Comment

Page 1 of my my DVD instructions: standards video NTSC or PAL
                            Great! Or not?
                            Page 2: this DVD player is designed and manufactured to respond to the region management information that is recorded on a DVD disc. If the region number described on the DVD disc does not correspond to the Region number of this DVD player, this player cannot play that disc.
                            the region number of this DVD player is 2
                            So what with NTSC as above? May I buy it or not? Some friends says yes, some no...SIGH

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post
                              Page 1 of my my DVD instructions: standards video NTSC or PAL
                              Great! Or not?
                              Page 2: this DVD player is designed and manufactured to respond to the region management information that is recorded on a DVD disc. If the region number described on the DVD disc does not correspond to the Region number of this DVD player, this player cannot play that disc.
                              the region number of this DVD player is 2
                              So what with NTSC as above? May I buy it or not? Some friends says yes, some no...SIGH
                              Sorry,Terry, but your player (like mine) will not play Region 1 DVDs and "Copying Beethoven" is a Region 1. Some NTSC discs will play on a PAl DVD player but these are nearly always Region O. Let's hope it comes out on Region 2 shortly.
                              "Immortal Beloved" has never been issued in Region 2 but I managed to get a Korean version on eBay. It sounds dodgy but it was absolutely perfect - the soundtrack was in English and the subtitles English and Korean (which, as you know, can be switched off). The DVD was NTSC encoded but played perfectly on my machine.

Michael

Some DVD players can be modified to play Region 1 discs - sometimes by means of a code transferred from the remote control, but Sony and Panasonic (control freaks!) require a physical
                              modification of the machine by a dealer or qualified person. Strangely enough, none of this is illegal.
                              Last edited by Michael; 03-14-2007, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X