BEETHOVEN STRING QUARTETS CD ROM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEETHOVEN STRING QUARTETS CD ROM?

About a year ago I came across a cd of a couple of the Quartets and noticed a label on the back of the plastic case stating that the disc could be played on one's computer, and that while the music played, an image of the full score would appear on the computer screen and pages of the score would be"turned" in sync with the music.

I never bought the cd and have forgotten the name of the performers. Has anyone any knowledge of this?
    Cocchini

You seem to be talking about the DG "CD-pluscore" series, which had a short life. It was a partnership with DG and Schott editions. I gave a search about it and found the old page for the series on DG's website.
    It's this page, from where I found this cd with the Hagen Quartet.
    Amazon has it on it's catalog (product #B00003ZA68), but I'm not sure it still works on computers.

------------------
    "Wer ein holdes weib errugen..."

[This message has been edited by Rutradelusasa (edited 07-17-2006).]
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
      You seem to be talking about the DG "CD-pluscore" series, which had a short life. It was a partnership with DG and Schott editions. I gave a search about it and found the old page for the series on DG's website.
      Amazon has it on it's catalog (product #B00003ZA68), but I'm not sure it still works on computers.

Thanks a million! I was getting to think I was imagining things. I'll get a copy from Amazon right now. I also see that the Pollini recording of Sonatas 11,12 and 21 [ http://cover.deutschegrammophon.com/...00/4354722.jpg ]is also in this special DG catalog. Might pick up this one also. Nice idea. Too bad this product never caught on!

Cocchini

Comment

Originally posted by Cocchini:

Thanks a million! I was getting to think I was imagining things. I'll get a copy from Amazon right now. I also see that the Pollini recording of Sonatas 11,12 and 21 [ http://cover.deutschegrammophon.com/...00/4354722.jpg ]is also in this special DG catalog. Might pick up this one also. Nice idea. Too bad this product never caught on!

It has caught on, I have two Handel DVDs wherby you have the option of viewing the score as the performance proceeds.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Cocchini:

I think they didn't catch on because the performances weren't that great. I have the violin sonatas with Anne Sophie-Mutter and, even though they are good, they are nothing to write home about.

------------------

Comment

Although not on DG (Telarc, I believe), I have Harnoncourt and Concentus Musicus Wien doing Mozart's Requiem in this fashion, not only using a score, but the original autograph. It is a very good performance, and the opportunity to see the autograph (such as it is) was quite fascinating.

Cheers,
            Gurn
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
              Although not on DG (Telarc, I believe), I have Harnoncourt and Concentus Musicus Wien doing Mozart's Requiem in this fashion, not only using a score, but the original autograph. It is a very good performance, and the opportunity to see the autograph (such as it is) was quite fascinating.

Cheers,
              Gurn
              That's DHM (Deutsche Harmonia Mundi), on Telarc Harnoncourt and the CMW have recorded the St. Matthew's Passion with the same device.

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X