Tales of the Unexpected!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PDG:
    Interesting, how?? What do sugar & sweets imply?
    Simple - things that are good, like me - niceness, innocence, sincerity and also...er...obesity.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      This thought had occured to myself almost immediately, but being humble I kept quiet on the matter. However, since the subject has been brought up by your good self, I will now agree that my comming across this bag of sugar in a seedy cafe near Liverpool St. Station was Beethoven's way of telling me that I'm on the right track - thumbs up for the Graf!

I use sweetex !

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
        I use sweetex !
        Of course you do - it's an inadequate and unsavoury tasting alternative to the real thing. It seems your taste in sweetners matches your taste in pianos (unless you've just got a problem with your weight!). Nevertheless, I admire consistancy.

------------------

Comment

Rod, if you are this charming in real life, it's a wonder you don't get your ass kicked on a daily basis

Comment

Simple - things that are good, like me - niceness, innocence, sincerity and also...er...obesity.
            Tooth decay & sticky fingers? BTW, sugar contains no fat - it is pure carbohydrate. (Dr. PDG)

Speaking of which, A JOKE!! - A man goes to the dentist for his usual check up. After prodding around inside the man's mouth, the dentist tells his patient: "I have good news & bad news. The good news is that your teeth are perfect; the bad news is that your gums will have to come out."

------------------
            PDG (Peter)

Comment

Of course you do - it's an inadequate and unsavoury tasting alternative to the real thing. It seems your taste in sweetners matches your taste in pianos (unless you've just got a problem with your weight!). Nevertheless, I admire consistancy.

On the contrary - Not only do I work out at the piano, but at the gym as well - I would interpet your selecting the Beethoven sugar as a signal from the great man that you are a bitter soul who could do with a bit of sweetening - perhaps you should have opened the sachet!

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:

Speaking of which, A JOKE!! - A man goes to the dentist for his usual check up.
                I have just endured the dentist myself today, fortunately only a filling. I consoled myself with the thought of dental treatment in B's day!

------------------
                'Man know thyself'
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                  Rod, if you are this charming in real life, it's a wonder you don't get your ass kicked on a daily basis
                  May I add that if you think Ludwig was giving you some sort of heaven-sent affirmation, he's the biggest tease I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge:
                    May I add that if you think Ludwig was giving you some sort of heaven-sent affirmation, he's the biggest tease I know.
                    It seems you guys couldn't recognise a tease if you were smacked in the face with it!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 04-05-2001).]

Comment

It seems you guys couldn't recognise a tease if you were smacked in the face with it!

Now isn't that the word that comes after strip? Which reminds me of the incident when B exposed himself, related by Mosheles -

"I went early to see Beethoven. He was still in bed. On this day he was in an exceptionally good humour,jumped out of bed and, quite as he was, went and stood by the window, which overlooked the Schottenbastei. Quite naturally all the dear street urchins gathered under the window, until he exclaimed 'those damned boys,what do they want?' I pointed smilingly at him. 'Yes,yes ,you are right' he said, and quickly put on a dressing gown."

------------------
                      'Man know thyself'
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                        Now isn't that the word that comes after strip? Which reminds me of the incident when B exposed himself, related by Mosheles -

"I went early to see Beethoven. He was still in bed. On this day he was in an exceptionally good humour,jumped out of bed and, quite as he was, went and stood by the window, which overlooked the Schottenbastei. Quite naturally all the dear street urchins gathered under the window, until he exclaimed 'those damned boys,what do they want?' I pointed smilingly at him. 'Yes,yes ,you are right' he said, and quickly put on a dressing gown."

Peter,

Thanks for easing the testosterone headache I was starting to get

Suzie

Comment

Whilst (I know you American girls love this word!) out to lunch yesterday, I too was presented with the now famous Beethoven sugar by a friend - it can of course never be opened but must now take pride of place next to my Beethoven wine bottle lamp!

------------------
                          'Man know thyself'
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter:
                            Whilst (I know you American girls love this word!)[/QUOTE

Canadian,eh?!!

Susan

]

Comment

Canadian,eh?!!
                              [/B]

How many of us are here on this forum? Two, at least..

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter:
                                [B]Whilst (I know you American girls love this word!) out to lunch yesterday, I too was presented with the now famous Beethoven sugar by a friend - it can of course never be opened but must now take pride of place next to my Beethoven wine bottle lamp!

I say 'whilst' all the time. Somehow, it's just not the same as when you Brits do it

Comment

Working...
                                X