Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven related pictures from a trip to Vienna

Hallo,

I am new in this forum and I'd like to share with you some pictures which I have taken on a recent trip to Vienna - pictures from places where Beethoven had been living.

It was so great especially to visit the smaller villages where Beethoven used to spent the summer months - Heiligenstadt, Mödling and Baden. In Baden he composed the Ninth and this house was just awesome. Imagine, they have a piano there from 1812 on which Beethoven allegedly himself was playing while living there and I was even allowed to play some accords there - on the same piano which Beethoven used - just awesome!! Another curiousity was to see boards from the window shutter on which Beethoven wrote the notes for "Seid umschlungen Millionen". Very moving for me was also to walk Beethoven's paths through the vineyards in Heiligenstadt. I visited also the Schwarzspanierstrasse where Beethoven died. For some unexplainable reason this house unfortuneately was destroyed and replaced by another house in 1904.

I made some nice pictures of all of this which you can see when you visit my website in www.gerdprengel.de . At the end of this website there is a link to the Vienna trip pictures.
    Also you find there quite a few MP3 files of my realizations of Beethoven sketches (Scherzo of his 10th symphony for orchestra and string quintett, his last project before his death).

Regards
    Gerd Prengel

Welcome to the forum Gerd and thank you for that link. You might also be interested in some pictures from my Vienna trip 2 years ago. www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/viennatrip.html

Also there are some pictures of Beethoven houses here at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/addresses.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum, Gerd. I also checked out your website and saw the photos you took while in Vienna. I noticed that you were in Heiligenstadt. I live there and just a couple of streets away from the Beethoven House on Probusgasse where you took your pictures. Small world...

If you are ever in Wien again please let me know. If there are any Beethoven, Mozart or Schubert must-see places that you haven't seen yet I would be more than happy to show you them.
      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by gprengel:
        Hallo,

I am new in this forum and I'd like to share with you some pictures which I have taken on a recent trip to Vienna - pictures from places where Beethoven had been living.

It was so great especially to visit the smaller villages where Beethoven used to spent the summer months - Heiligenstadt, Mödling and Baden. In Baden he composed the Ninth and this house was just awesome. Imagine, they have a piano there from 1812 on which Beethoven allegedly himself was playing while living there and I was even allowed to play some accords there - on the same piano which Beethoven used - just awesome!! Another curiousity was to see boards from the window shutter on which Beethoven wrote the notes for "Seid umschlungen Millionen". Very moving for me was also to walk Beethoven's paths through the vineyards in Heiligenstadt. I visited also the Schwarzspanierstrasse where Beethoven died. For some unexplainable reason this house unfortuneately was destroyed and replaced by another house in 1904.

I made some nice pictures of all of this which you can see when you visit my website in www.gerdprengel.de . At the end of this website there is a link to the Vienna trip pictures.
        Also you find there quite a few MP3 files of my realizations of Beethoven sketches (Scherzo of his 10th symphony for orchestra and string quintett, his last project before his death).

Regards
        Gerd Prengel
        How very interesting. I am planning on visiting Vienna next year in June. My daughter is in a girls choir acadamy and they are planning a trip to Austria in honor of Motzart's 250 birthday. We get 3 days in Salzburg and 3 days in Vienna. Maybe you can give me some ideas of what is best to see in Vienna if I only have 3 days. Anyone with any suggestions will be helpful.

I did look at your photos and they are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by heidi:
          How very interesting. I am planning on visiting Vienna next year in June. My daughter is in a girls choir acadamy and they are planning a trip to Austria in honor of Motzart's 250 birthday. We get 3 days in Salzburg and 3 days in Vienna. Maybe you can give me some ideas of what is best to see in Vienna if I only have 3 days. Anyone with any suggestions will be helpful.

I did look at your photos and they are nice.
          I know I spelled Mozart wrong. Forgive me

Comment

Originally posted by gprengel:
            Hallo,

Welcome aboard, Gerd!!

Sincerely,
            Hofrat
            "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us. Amazing!

Comment

Working...
              X