Piano with no black keys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piano with no black keys!

Fascinating and very hard to navigate, but one has to ask why? Several notes in the Debussy have been altered so what's the point?

'Man know thyself'

Yes, all I was thinking about during the entire video is what could have been the point of it? Created at the whim of some rich man who found the black keys bothersome? Created by an engineer who just wanted to see what would happen, how it would sound? Created by a composer who wanted to introduce something different in the world of music?

Comment

What's the use of a piano if you can only play pieces in C major with no modulations on it?

Comment

Here's to taking pandiatonics to a new level!

Comment

Why did they do it? Because they could. Was it worth it? I hope they think so.

Comment

Change is often good, but I find it challenging to see the necessity here since I don't determine any "evolution of the revolution" in this instance. No evidence of such, anyway, from my perspective. Surely someone else may have optimism in view of this according to their visions. But as we say in the world of mechanics, " if it isn't broke, Don fix it until it is." Even so, I personally, through experience, do understand that man doesn't know the half of what he believes he does, and the Creator of all things has ways of keeping man's surprises in "refresh mode" as the "constant" in the grand scheme of things. Man doesn't like being nudged out of his comfort zone but I must admit if he weren't, he'd be all the poorer for lack of it.

Rant over. I'm OK now
            "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Created by a composer who wanted to introduce something different in the world of music?
              interesting point. I was just about to be amused with the flight of fancy humor with the notions that indeed, "aliens are among us", but that may be the primary objective. I think more and more how either wittingly or unwittingly "stuck" we become, and therfore "trapped " in our own little youniverses, and often need to be reminded that to self impose limitations then by robotic tendencies of society become normalized against our true unlimited nature, inhibits growth onwards and upwards, which leads to any real progress of the race of man, specifically. The necessity of letting go of stubborn hold on one's idea of "reality" has much to do with the power of intentions within how the mind is directed to act towards that purpose

Anyway, maybe something interesting will surely come of it. After all, the 6 string guitar eventually led to the 12 string idea, and it's just as playable, as history has shown.
              Last edited by EternaLisa; 03-08-2024, 01:32 PM.
              "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                Several notes in the Debussy have been altered so what's the point?

But that part I can't salute. A composer's work altered to suit the mechanics of an instrument? Ehm, no. Something bass-ackwards and unoriginal going on there, methinks....if the person who came up with this design would have written a genuine piece to demonstrate it, that would have been useful, kinda like the Days Of Future Past (Moody Blues) recording for the primary purpose of demonstrating stereo sound in the 60s, all original works used towards that end. Turned out to be a Landmark record, in the end. Something the band nor Peter Knight (conductor) would have never anticipated, but good fortune was the result. Now it's a Signature work for those guys earning them a unique place in the annals of music history in general. Yes, people do need to embrace originality. Good for everyone.
                Last edited by EternaLisa; 03-08-2024, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X