A Vienna experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter:
    Afraid not as I was only there a few days and had too much to cram in - there's certainly plenty still to see next time I go back!

Yes, Peter, there is plenty more to see here. Three days just isn't enough time to see everything. We didn't have time to go up to Kahlenberg so I'll have to take you up there the next time you are in Vienna.

Hopefully on your next trip here the weather won't be so awful. It's still hot and humid here with no end in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:

Yes, Peter, there is plenty more to see here. Three days just isn't enough time to see everything. We didn't have time to go up to Kahlenberg so I'll have to take you up there the next time you are in Vienna.

Hopefully on your next trip here the weather won't be so awful. It's still hot and humid here with no end in sight.

The art history museum a place to go, I was in Vienna for two and a half days and visited all the Beethoven sites but had no time for the museum which has all those lovely fortepianos!

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:

I always knew 3 days was pushing it , but I saw everything I'd planned to and more thanks to your expert guidance! Next time I'd love to see Vienna from the Kahlenberg, Eisenstadt and Baden. We've cooled down here to normal and I'm certainly back to reality! Best wishes to you and Rheinhold (hope my spelling is ok!). I've had my b&w photos developed - very arty!

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Peter,
          That trip must have been some experience. My red message icon isn't intended to express anger - I just can't find a green one!
          Maybe Chris can oblige for this very special occasion.
          Michael

Comment

[I felt a tinge of envy too, but not for the hot weather. If there is another trip, can it be in the spring when it is cool!

Would be interested to go for a long weekend, just to see where the maestro lived and worked, if funds permitt.

]Originally posted by Michael:
            Peter,
            That trip must have been some experience. My red message icon isn't intended to express anger - I just can't find a green one!
            Maybe Chris can oblige for this very special occasion.
            Michael
            [/QUOTE]

Comment

See this page for an account of my Vienna trip - the photos will be updated at a later date with Bernard's assistance - unfortunately I borrowed my father's camera for the trip and he neglected to inform me that there was a black & white film in it!
              www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/viennatrip.html

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Bravo, Peter. Well done. I sent you an e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                  See this page for an account of my Vienna trip - the photos will be updated at a later date with Bernard's assistance - unfortunately I borrowed my father's camera for the trip and he neglected to inform me that there was a black & white film in it!
                  www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/viennatrip.html

A wonderful account, Peter.

When you gave a theme for improvisation at the concert, how did you do it? Did you write it out, or sing it, or play it? What did you think of the theme(s) that did get chosen and the improvisation(s)?

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited August 27, 2003).]
                  See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
                    A wonderful account, Peter.

When you gave a theme for improvisation at the concert, how did you do it? Did you write it out, or sing it, or play it? What did you think of the theme(s) that did get chosen and the improvisation(s)?

Glad you enjoyed it and if there are any editors out there I'm open to offers for a career in travel journalism!

We had a slip of manuscript in the program and had to write out 4 bars in one of the intervals - I did this at the appropiate place - over drinks with Bernard at the bar! They were collected and 4 were selected out of hundreds, not mine unfortunately. He also played 4 he wasn't going to use such as happy Birthday, which caused some amusement! One of the themes that was chosen was similar to the first movement of the first sonata. He did improvise extremely well and it was nice to witness such a rarity, particularly in that context - I daresay Beethoven's improvisation would have been in a different league altogether though.

------------------
                    'Man know thyself'
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, Peter! As you know, I was anxious to see them from our e-mails!

------------------
                      'Truth and beauty joined'
                      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
                      X