The Argentine Beethoven Website!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Argentine Beethoven Website!!

No, it's not my own website! But it's quite good. (It wouldn't be good if were mine, that's for sure!)
    http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/4098/

It has lots of sound samples, some research like a Medical Biography and analysis on some of his works. The fonts are so ugly!

Check it out.

[This message has been edited by Luis (edited 12-14-2000).]
    Buy this before saying you don't like Mahler:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000001G96/qid=983416747/sr=1-1/ref=sc_m_1/104-8436844-5169509
    You'll thank me later...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luis:
    [B]No, it's not my own website! But it's quite good. (It wouldn't be good if were mine, that's for sure!)
    http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/4098/
    It has lots of sound samples, some research like a Medical Biography and analysis on some of his works. The fonts are so ugly!>>

Luis,

What a shameless way to bring up topic no. 100 on this forum!

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by PDG:
      Luis,

What a shameless way to bring up topic no. 100 on this forum!
      -------

Post you another shameless reply and you will turn yourself into a "member". Congratulations!
      Welcome to the club

PS:
      No, seriously, I didn't notice it. By the way, since we haven't celebrated the 1000 posts and I have ruined the 100 topics gala, how are we going to celebrate B’s birthday?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000001G96/qid=983416747/sr=1-1/ref=sc_m_1/104-8436844-5169509
      You'll thank me later...

Comment

Originally posted by Luis:
        -------
        PS:
        No, seriously, I didn't notice it. By the way, since we haven't celebrated the 1000 posts and I have ruined the 100 topics gala, how are we going to celebrate B’s birthday?

Until they develop effective digital champagne I don't know how we can do it together. The 16th is generally regarded as the likely date, so tomorrow pour a libation to the master by candlelight and then down some alcoholic substances in his honour, with appropriate accompanying music, of course.

Rod

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
          Until they develop effective digital champagne I don't know how we can do it together. The 16th is generally regarded as the likely date, so tomorrow pour a libation to the master by candlelight and then down some alcoholic substances in his honour, with appropriate accompanying music, of course.

Rod

I shall be out to dinner tomorrow night, so I think I'll use B's birthday as an excuse to subsitute wine for Champagne (not digital !) - won't have much say with the music though ! Cheers Ludwig !

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Rod

I have an idea. Since we cannot give a present to B in his birthday, why don’t we give each other gifts? We can do it in pairs. For example I could give you, Rod, Mahler’s 2nd symphony by Bernstein so you can finally understand what a good symphony is!!
            No, seriously, we can give each other B’s CDs we particularly like. Maybe using CDRs. What do you think?

Doesn’t anybody here like Mahler’s 2nd? To me it is absolutely glorious!

[This message has been edited by Luis (edited 12-15-2000).]
            You'll thank me later...

Comment

Yes - I think it's his best (though I like individual movements from the other symphonies), not as good as Beethoven's 2nd though!

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

I have an idea. Since we cannot give a present to B in his birthday, why don’t we give each other gifts? We can do it in pairs. For example I could give you, Rod, Mahler’s 2nd symphony by Bernstein so you can finally understand what a good symphony is!!
                No, seriously, we can give each other B’s CDs we particularly like. Maybe using CDRs. What do you think?

[This message has been edited by Luis (edited 12-15-2000).][/B]
                The idea of 'doing things in pairs' is a commendable one, but in my case such activity would NEVER involve Mahler.

I used to have B's Missa Solemnis directed by Bernstein. It was the first and last recording I bought by this chap.

Beware talk of CDR's, I suspect DG and EMI have got spies in this place. I only record via stereo video, its the best medium for long pieces of music. I would send anyone whose interested a demo on stereo video of the period instrument Beethoven I always rabbit on about. Since most of the titles are no longer in the catalogue I think I would suffer less from lawyers.

Rod

------------------
                "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
                http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

To Rod
                  The idea of 'doing things in pairs' is a commendable one, but in my case such activity would NEVER involve Mahler.
                  Yes, I know...
                  But have you listened his 2nd, Rod? Really! Have you?

I only record via stereo video, its the best medium for long pieces of music. I would send anyone whose interested a demo on stereo video of the period instrument Beethoven I always rabbit on about. Since most of the titles are no longer in the catalogue I think I would suffer less from lawyers.
                  Rod
                  I have no CD video. (Damn!) Besides, I’m afraid I wouldn’t have known what to give you, Rod.

To all
                  I don’t know if it’s a good idea to publish our own addresses here but we can do it by mail if anyone is interested...

To Peter

Originally posted by Peter:
                  Yes - I think it's his best (though I like individual movements from the other symphonies), not as good as Beethoven's 2nd though!.
                  WHAT!? I mean WHAAAAT???!!!

(Maybe I should be banned for saying this but...) to me (TO ME) B’s 2nd compared to Mahler’s 2nd is like a Haydn symphony next to B’s 9th. (NO! the Haydn symph. would be B’s 2nd, I'm sorry)

You'll thank me later...

Comment

To Rod

(Maybe I should be banned for saying this but...) to me (TO ME) B’s 2nd compared to Mahler’s 2nd is like a Haydn symphony next to B’s 9th. (NO! the Haydn symph. would be B’s 2nd, I'm sorry)

I reckon a little Mahler wouldn't hurt. I can only provide Beethoven and Rock music as gifts, as these are the only areas where I possess adequate knowledge

Comment

Where does Mahler's 2nd stand next to B's 9th then ?

------------------
                      'Man know thyself'
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luis:
                        [B] -------
                        Post you another shameless reply and you will turn yourself into a "member". Congratulations!
                        Welcome to the club

50 posts for full membership? I thought it might involve a masonic handshake. Or a `bung` (that should puzzle our non-British friends)......
                        How many posts before I can be Moderator? I`ve always fancied that job......hmm......

[This message has been edited by PDG (edited 12-16-2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                          Where does Mahler's 2nd stand next to B's 9th then ?

That's not fair!!

No, way behind. B's 9th is unbeatable.

You'll thank me later...

Comment

Happy Beethoven's birthday to all my virtual friends in this site.
                            Peter, Rod, Chris, PDG, Serge, Luis, Susie, everyone, Season's Greetings with a toast on a winter's eve, by the fireside, with emotive strains of your favorite composer spinning on the CD player.
                            Alle Menschen Werden Bruder ~Les

Comment

Originally posted by ~Leslie:
                              Happy Beethoven's birthday to all my virtual friends in this site.
                              Peter, Rod, Chris, PDG, Serge, Luis, Susie, everyone, Season's Greetings with a toast on a winter's eve, by the fireside, with emotive strains of your favorite composer spinning on the CD player.
                              Alle Menschen Werden Bruder ~Les
                              Cheers!

You'll thank me later...

Comment

Working...
                              X