Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Alert

Originally posted by Chaszz:
    They seem to have prior programs archived for playback, listed on the right side of their page. Maybe they will record that one
    and archive it. An email and request to do so might help (?).

I will do that, thank you.

Joy
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Radio Alert

Next Tuesday afternoon (Ist October) BBC Radio 4 are broadcasting a play at 2.15pm (GMT) called:
    "The Listening Heart - Beethoven in Crisis, Summer 1802" by David Constantine.
    It's 45 minutes long and, from what I can gather, contains only two other characters besides B., a Juliet and a Casimir. (Those names don't ring a bell with me so we may have another "Immortal Beloved" on our hands).
    Anyway, you have been warned.

Michael

Comment

Interesting that someone is actually marking this event - the Heiligenstadt testament was written 200 years ago on Oct 6th. I shall be listening to radio 4!

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

That's right! I never made the connection. I wonder are there any other commemorations anywhere?

Michael

Comment

Yes, that's right that on 6 Oct. it will be 200 years sice Beethoven wrote his moving Heiligenstadt Testament. Since the house where he wrote this is just up the street from me, I plan to make a special visit there on 6 Oct. I'm curious to see if there will be a special commeration of this date at the small museum in Beethoven's old flat. I will let you all know what happens, if anything, on 6 Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
            Yes, that's right that on 6 Oct. it will be 200 years sice Beethoven wrote his moving Heiligenstadt Testament. Since the house where he wrote this is just up the street from me, I plan to make a special visit there on 6 Oct. I'm curious to see if there will be a special commeration of this date at the small museum in Beethoven's old flat. I will let you all know what happens, if anything, on 6 Oct.
            Just for clarification - there is a member Andrea plus another member whose name is also Andrea but who chose the username 'Hollywoodborn' becuase 'Andrea' was already taken -- and you BOTH live in Beethoven's old district in Vienna?

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Chaszz, yes I am THE Andrea that lives in Heiligenstadt and I also go by the name "Hollywoodborn" in the Beethoven chat room. This is the only forum that I use my real first name of Andrea.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                That's right! I never made the connection. I wonder are there any other commemorations anywhere?

Michael
                Where I live in Phoenix my classical radio station is having a lot of Beethoven's music playing that day. I'm sure they'll add some stories about him as well. After listening to the Beethoven radio program let us know how it was for all us unfortunates who can't listen to it.

Joy

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited September 27, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
                  Chaszz, yes I am THE Andrea that lives in Heiligenstadt and I also go by the name "Hollywoodborn" in the Beethoven chat room. This is the only forum that I use my real first name of Andrea.
                  Have you been in the chat room lately?

Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
                    Have you been in the chat room lately?

Joy
                    I have been just briefly a few times around
                    1 to 3 PM Eastern US Time - is it 6 hours to GMT? Anyway, it is always empty lately when I go.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Where I live in Phoenix my classical radio station is having a lot of Beethoven's music playing that day. I'm sure they'll add some stories about him as well. After listening to the Beethoven radio program let us know how it was for all us unfortunates who can't listen to it.

Joy

No such unfortunates! BBC Radio 4 is available live on the internet. Just use google.com and type 'BBC radio 4' into the search box and it will take you there.

Comment

I have been just briefly a few times around
                        1 to 3 PM Eastern US Time - is it 6 hours to GMT? Anyway, it is always empty lately when I go.

Hi Chaszzz,

GMT is 8 hrs. ahead of Phoenix which is 3 hrs. behind of the eastern coast (I believe you and I are 3 hrs. difference). So you in New York should be 5 hrs. behind of GMT. (If you're totally confused at this point don't worry, so am I and it gets worse). 1 to 3pm your time is 10:00am to 12:00pm my time. When I'm in the chat room it's usually between 11:00am and 1:00pm Phoenix time. No one's been in there anyway for quite some time, I think, so this is all irrelavent.

Joy

Comment

No such unfortunates! BBC Radio 4 is available live on the internet. Just use google.com and type 'BBC radio 4' into the search box and it will take you there.

Thanks. I was thinking that myself. But if it's on at 2:15pm GMT time (here's that time thing again) then it would be awfully early here for me. I shall maybe have to drag myself out of bed for that one.

Joy

Comment

Thanks. I was thinking that myself. But if it's on at 2:15pm GMT time (here's that time thing again) then it would be awfully early here for me. I shall maybe have to drag myself out of bed for that one.

Joy
                            They seem to have prior programs archived for playback, listed on the right side of their page. Maybe they will record that one
                            and archive it. An email and request to do so might help (?).

Comment

Bump to account for time bug.

Comment

Working...
                              X