Prague - a musical tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prague - a musical tour

Along with the great names associated with this city, there are some interesting unknowns and particularly of note is Zelenka.
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/mu...-cities-prague
    'Man know thyself'

Prague is a beautiful city and I was there in 2009 just as the Spring Festival was getting underway and they had a marathon concert of Smetana and Dvorak. This is an annual ritual which involves a procession through the city from the concert hall right up to the grave of Smetana.

"The Guardian" seldom tells me anything I didn't know already!!! A kind of 'reader's digest' for music lovers, probably cribbed from Wiki!!!

Comment

Hey, don't forget there's also one nice house dedicated to Beethoven in Prague! I wonder when and did he go there! (Because, my boyfriend is Czech )

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorale View Post
        Hey, don't forget there's also one nice house dedicated to Beethoven in Prague! I wonder when and did he go there! (Because, my boyfriend is Czech )
        Yes of course! Beethoven visited Prague in 1796 and in 1798. During his first visit, he stayed at 285 Lazenska Street (now no.11) - formerly known as the 'White and Golden Unicorn', today it is called Beethoven Palace and there is a plaque to commemorate his stay in Feb 1796. Mozart had also stayed there in 1789.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
          Yes of course! Beethoven visited Prague in 1796 and in 1798. During his first visit, he stayed at 285 Lazenska Street (now no.11) - formerly known as the 'White and Golden Unicorn', today it is called Beethoven Palace and there is a plaque to commemorate his stay in Feb 1796. Mozart had also stayed there in 1789.
          Wow, that's really "musical" house! I hope I'll visit it again
          Was Beethoven on world tour that time?

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorale View Post
            Wow, that's really "musical" house! I hope I'll visit it again
            Was Beethoven on world tour that time?
            This was a concert tour with Prince Lichnowsky to Prague, Dresden and Berlin.
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
            X