Beethoven as seen by a fruit cake !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven as seen by a fruit cake !

If you fancy a good laugh, just take a look at the fanatical clap-trap spouted at the following site :
    http://www.balaams-ass.com/journal/homemake/beethov.htm

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

His name is spelled wrong

Seriously, though, that is a poor application of scripture, and also ignores some key points about Beethoven's life and death.

Comment

Peter, it's not a laugh - it's frightening that somebody seriously believes all that
      drivel!
      Michael

Comment

I wish I could laugh, but can't help getting angry reading something that claims to be a Christian point of view, and twists Scripture to suit their own corrupted version of Christ's teachings. Pull out what fits and disregard the rest until it does. I can't imagine what warped Christian denomination teaches that any person is fit to judge another on Earth; that, according to their Bible, is reserved for the ultimate authority. This same person wouldn't hesitate to cite chapter and verse denouncing anyone who dared judge another in a way they didn't like. They wouldn't even blush at the shame of their own hypocrisy, or recognize it as such. Why Beethoven I wonder, but that's not the point really.

Fortunately, most people can spot an ignorant fanatic easily enough, and just ignore them. Very sad.

cg

Comment

I can't imagine what warped Christian denomination...
          I poked around the rest of the site a little and I think it's a Baptist site.

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 11-09-2000).]

Comment

Ja!
            Sorry but I cannot make another thing but laugh with this kind of fanatism. Remember the mess somebody make (I think his name was Tim) some months ago when he posted something like “John Lennon a Beethoven Fan” (I know Rod will remember it ), well if you want to laugh until tears with some forum disruption regarding religious fanatism but about Mozart and freemasonry you should check this…
            http://mozart.composers.net/wwwboard/Messages/5426.html

See the answers after the WM post
            ------------------
            “This elevates his "art" above the wisdom of God!”

Hey this is a nice quote after all!!!
            Buy this before saying you don't like Mahler:
            http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000001G96/qid=983416747/sr=1-1/ref=sc_m_1/104-8436844-5169509
            You'll thank me later...

Comment

Thank you all for your sane and healthy comments ! I agree it really is frightening that this sort of rubbish is around on the net - definitely the dark side of things, fortunately the site is quite obscure.

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
              X