My teacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My teacher

my teacher teaches us Mozart only, i've tried to tell her that Beethoven is class also but she wont listen what can i tell her that will make her take notice of Mr.B??
    Claire

Originally posted by Claire:
    my teacher teaches us Mozart only, i've tried to tell her that Beethoven is class also but she wont listen what can i tell her that will make her take notice of Mr.B??
    Perhaps she's coming to Beethoven later? It's hard to judge as I don't know the full circumstances of your lessons.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

no shes Mozart crazy we are nearly finished the class year and shes only done Mozart where as the other music class in my year have done Mozart, Beethoven and Handel.
      Claire

Comment

I would say that you're not getting a well-rounded musical education, Claire! I'd speak to the Head - seriously. Your teacher seems to be foisting her personal preferences on you. In you, she has a student willing to learn, & she should be encouraging that willingness, not forcing her own ideals at any cost. Ask her if she has seen the film, Mr. Holland's Opus; it's about how a classical music teacher (Richard Dreyfuss) gets his uninterested students hooked on the music. I think your teacher might find it a revelation.

------------------
        PDG (Peter)

Comment

Originally posted by Claire:
          no shes Mozart crazy we are nearly finished the class year and shes only done Mozart where as the other music class in my year have done Mozart, Beethoven and Handel.
          A whole academic year on nothing but Mozart! - thank your lucky stars she's not a Schoenberg freak! Seriously, I do think PDG is right and something needs to be said - you need an all round musical education, not such a narrow perspective - I doubt she will listen to you, so I'd go above her.

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Can you get another teacher? Or, maybe better yet, get her for her b-day something useful, like an open mind or a "Mozart sucks" t-shirt Very odd that a teacher would be so narrowly focused.

Comment

Im gonna ask to be put into the other class but i doubt that i would be let as the year is almost over
              Claire

Comment

and she calls herself a teach and wont listen nor teach BEETHOVEN? Ha-if I lived near by you my dear Claire I would have a "talk" with this teacher, even if it involved breaking a chair over his head!
                It could be you are learning by the era-Mozart did come before Beethoven and maybe he will get to him(hopefully!!!!!). However, if it is a case where he refuses to teach Beethoven-then post a message and maybe we should talk!

Stout

Comment

Well "my dear stout" its a she actually i think shes in love with him or something! i dont really listen to her so i dont know anything about Mozart but i would be intreseted in beethoven (well i know almost anything about him either)but im willing to learn
                  Claire

Comment

Claire,
                    Am curious as to the objective of this class.
                    Is this High School or College---
                    History? Composition? Analysis? Theory? Appreciation?
                    Functional harmony? Vocal or instrumentation? A little more specifics would give us a clearer picture.
                    Serge dahling, Mozart does NOT "suck". ~

Comment

Dear Claire,

I am a singing and piano teacher. My prefered is BEETHOVEN, but I introduce the pupils to all the composers and do not discourage them to be curious. My own piano teacher was fond of Messiaen (!!!). I hated it and did not want to pass the exams. I have lost one year, but I became a professionnal musician (concertist as a soprano) anyway. My man, Jean MICAULT, pupil of Alfred CORTOT always tells "If you do not like that, do not disgust the others from it". A teacher must be opened to open the pupils to the music, and music is not only Mozart but also BACH, BEETHOVEN, CHOPIN, LISZT etc, etc, etc. Scuse my poor english, I am french.

------------------
                      Prof. VERHAEGHE-MICAULT
                      Prof. VERHAEGHE-MICAULT

Comment

im in "secondry" school as we call it. so i suppose im in "high school" im only 16 like so ya know ur self.......
                        Claire

Comment

Originally posted by ~Leslie:
                          Serge dahling, Mozart does NOT "suck". ~[/B]
                          ohhh, that was just meant as a tease! Boy, I guess that must've raised a few hackles. Contrite I am.

Comment

Serge, just keepin you on yer toes, man.

NEVER heard of a music class for teens (sounds like an aberration of music appreciation?) focusing the whole year on Mozart. Maybe the teacher was intent on inducing passivism
                            with the Mozart Effect on her students, she's certainly not in line the usual areas of study.
                            Maybe she was gathering data for some weird new age psychological experiment.
                            Seems to me her time would have been better spent foisting Mozart on a younger age group,
                            and let them color pictures while listening at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Leslie:
                              Serge, just keepin you on yer toes, man.

NEVER heard of a music class for teens (sounds like an aberration of music appreciation?) focusing the whole year on Mozart. Maybe the teacher was intent on inducing passivism
                              with the Mozart Effect on her students, she's certainly not in line the usual areas of study.
                              Maybe she was gathering data for some weird new age psychological experiment.
                              Seems to me her time would have been better spent foisting Mozart on a younger age group,
                              and let them color pictures while listening at the same time.
                              I had music appreciation in high school senior year. It was interesting and we touched on just about everybody. A little bit of learning on a variety of subjects. I think it was something to get you interested in case you wanted to pursue this subject in college.
                              Joy
                              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
                              X