I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help!

I need to know the diffrences between the classical music of Beethoven and the Romantic music of Stravinsky. I need this information if anyone can get it to me ASAP!!!

------------------
    saram
    saram

Originally posted by saram333:
    I need to know the diffrences between the classical music of Beethoven and the Romantic music of Stravinsky. I need this information if anyone can get it to me ASAP!!!

Stravinsky is regarded as a 'Modern' not 'Romantic' composer, although his music grew out of the late Romantic tradition and his early ballet 'Firebird' was much influenced by the music of his mentor Rimsky-Korsakov. With His most famous work 'The rite of spring' (which caused a riot at its premier) Stravinsky completely broke with the traditions of western harmony and tonality. Beethoven's music (even at it's most extreme such as the Grosse Fugue we have recently been discussing here) is always within the confines of Classical tonality - i.e the sense of Key and key relationships is paramount. In his ballets Stravinsky is very much interested with orchestral effects and colours, often bizarre - the size of the orchestra used is vast, compared to that required for a Beethoven symphony. In his later works though, Stravinsky tended to use smaller forces. Despite the huge differences between these composers, there are some similarities in that both revolutionised music.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
    X