X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This can go on no longer

For all you who read this -
    The title does not fit what I am about to say;

I feel selfish in knowing that I have told you all here every stupid little thing. It is truly ridiclous and I intend to do it no more.
    I have tried talking to people, etc. but damn it is not working!
    They think me odd and it has come to a point where even friends forsake me!!!
    My own best friend denied me today. I could barely over hear him saying something about renting a limo for a prom or dance-whatever they call it. He said he already invited all these people. This is the 2nd time people people who I thought friends disreagarded me. Thats ok-they can all parish. I do not know. I am sorry for troubling you all but some advice is needed.
    I would like thought to dedicate part of my concerto to this forum. You people truly understand what a musician is and feels. I thank you all for that. May God bless each and every one of you!

Regards
    C.

Originally posted by stout:
    C.
    Welcome to the human race! You're learning young Stout and this will stand you in good stead for the battles of life ahead - armed with Beethoven you are more than well equiped to deal with it!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

My dearest sir,

You are finding out at the tender age of 16 that people will use and abuse you. At least you know who your true friends are. I recently have gone through a 'friend identifying' experience- people who I thought were true ended up not being. However the true friendships shone through. Don't forget, true friends are like diamonds- unique, precious and above all rare! Its quality not quantity that count. If like me you have one friend you can rely on, sod the rest of them! Who needs them!

I hope that you can see the silver lining on the cloud!

Claire
      XXX

Comment

Originally posted by stout:
        For all you who read this -
        The title does not fit what I am about to say;

I feel selfish in knowing that I have told you all here every stupid little thing. It is truly ridiclous and I intend to do it no more.
        My own best friend denied me today. I could barely over hear him saying something about renting a limo for a prom or dance-whatever they call it. He said he already invited all these people. This is the 2nd time people people who I thought friends disreagarded me. Thats ok-they can all parish. I do not know. I am sorry for troubling you all but some advice is needed.
        I would like thought to dedicate part of my concerto to this forum. You people truly understand what a musician is and feels. I thank you all for that. May God bless each and every one of you!

Regards
        C.
        You do not go into detail about the reasons behind your problems, but these days if you think different people tend not to like it. That being said it is wise not to turn yourself into a one man ghetto, and so to a certain extent one has to accomodate the status quo and spend less time looking inward. This can be difficult if you're surrounded by mutants, but just take the middle path for a while.

For what it's worth, I think the school social scene in the US is quite awful - it seems if you're not the football team captain or a cheer leader then you're on the scrap heap. No wonder the kids go around shooting each other! Still, they need the right to carry arms in case bad King George tries to tax your tea again, which would never do. God bless America.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Rod has a point there Stout, when in Rome you might do as Romans do, at least outwardly...ye Gods, I would not wish to be 16 again.~

Comment

My dear Stout--yours is a most difficult age, and I know this seems to be of little comfort now, but try to take something positive out of each experience, being careful not to tar all people with the same brush.

Be forgiving, and try not expect perfection from people--you won't get it; rather, you can expect cowardice, envy, selfishness, and the whole range of sins.

HOWEVER, if you are open and forgiving, focusing on other people's needs and trying mightily to understand them (realizing someday you may find that you have acted just as they have) you will also find companionship, friendship, loyalty, and love.

If you deal with people you will be hurt, but if you don't deal with people you will never be loved, and to be loved is the most sublime happening in anyone's life.

Try to forgive and forget, as someday you'll want others to forgive and forget your misdeeds.

May God bless you always, and please continue your interest in music--Beethoven is of great comfort to me when I am ailing--try the 3rd movement of his string quartet 132 wherein he expresses his thanks to God for a healing--may you be healed as well.

regards
            Ad majorem dei gloriam

Comment

Stout,

I can tell you right now -- from personal experience -- you are not alone in your feelings of alienation. But what you must do is fight the urge to give into resignation.

I've often thought about just plain giving up, I mean throwing in the towel and quiting all my aspirations, but, let me tell you, to do that would be like betraying yourself and everything Beethoven stood for: To resist an attitude of defeat. I ain't always happy-go-lucky or anything like -- far from it, but I try to at least RESIST.

The world's a slime-pit. The duality of man -- the base and the carnal versus nobility and enlightenment isn't more apparent then when comparing MTV to Beethoven.

So take heart, if you are endowed with sensitivity and insight than you're a lucky one indeed and to allow others to drag you down to their filth is to betray yourself. So fight on, hang on and just never say die! I mean it.

[This message has been edited by euphony131 (edited 04-20-2001).]

Comment

dear stout,

my sister is going through the exact
                thing as you are , everyone goes through this
                cycle...but everybody's replies will probably help you to deal with this problem

Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by Russt45 (edited 04-21-2001).]
                May God Be With you

Comment

Stout, I share your pain, please trust in god and also trust him that he will help you with this situation.

May God Be With you

Comment

Working...
                  X