Solomon Plays LvB Sonatas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solomon Plays LvB Sonatas

Testament are releasing these in the next couple of weeks. They are on 5 discs with the selections being:

1, 3 and 32
    7, 8, 13, 14
    17, 18, 21, 22
    26, 27 and 29
    23, 28, 30, 31

Of particular note to me are the Moonlight, Pathetique and Waldstein - all of which I had on LP and can thoroughly recommend. These are a must have set of sonatas!

Cheers

Baldric

Thanks for that Baldric - Solomon perhaps along with Schnabel was amongst the greatest of Beethoven interpreters.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Baldric:
      Testament are releasing these in the next couple of weeks. They are on 5 discs with the selections being:

1, 3 and 32
      7, 8, 13, 14
      17, 18, 21, 22
      26, 27 and 29
      23, 28, 30, 31

Of particular note to me are the Moonlight, Pathetique and Waldstein - all of which I had on LP and can thoroughly recommend. These are a must have set of sonatas!

Cheers

Baldric
      Your post is old enough so that I can ask if the CDs have in fact been released. I'd also like to know if they are available as singles, since Testament is a 'full price' line.

I notice that Peter the administrator's comment seems to indicate that the 'greatest' includes Solomon *and maybe Schnabel*. Nobody else? <g>

------------------
      AKA "The Hill Troll"
      AKA "The Hill Troll"

Comment

I didn't mean to imply that there were no other fine Beethoven interpreters - my reply was perhaps a bit misleading as I meant to say that Schnabel was probably one of the greatest of Beethoven players. Other artists that I admire with regard to Beethoven are Brendel,Gilels,Kempff.

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
        X