Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have returned to post

Friends,
    It is with very much pleasure I bring you good news that I have completed 2 of 3 movements of the Concerto which will be performed at my school May 4th. The third movment will not take long to write-so I think.
    However, I will tell you that I never did give that girl the nocturne and now I will tell you all I am perfectly content that I did not do so;I do not think that she would have appreciated it at all. I will hold it in my memory for a woman who will appreciate what it and maybe me.
    I spoke to a teach of mine who reminds me of Einstein. He is from Poland and even though Polish people have a reputation of being called "polacks" ? I will tell you this one is very smart. Please before I go on, I tell you now I am not racist,everyone even myself, should be treated equal among all men.
    He told me he has read 3 biographies of Beethoven(those which I do not remember) He knew Schindler had written one. Anyway, I talked to him about Beethoven. I told him that I felt I understood his music very well. I also told him how I could see where he was coming from when he felt like an outcast. I understand what he felt I think.

You see friends, I am greatful to call you all my friends. I will admit that girls always stare at me like I am something totally different and it enrages me and I feel like throwing a chair out the window or throwing something at someone. However on the other hand i believe that if these kids listen to my music, their thought and opinion of me would change. Why is differance not encouraged in our society like it should be? Why is sameness always a choice?
    This great Polish man tells me about Beethoven, how he felt, his thoughts, his philosiphies. And while he is telling me this I am in awe because I agree with Beethoven totally. But he tells me this without me knowing the information. I am scared.
    I wish people would accept artists instead of think them odd. Especially girls. Ladies who are in this forum. I think greatly of you;anyone who takes joy in the master's works are truly great woman. But how could a person like me ever truly have a woman?
    I think Never.
    I hope all is well with you all.
    Your Friend
    C.

Christophe,
    Did you know that Beethoven DID actually try to break a chair over Lichnowsky's head? Fortunately someone stepped in between them.~

Comment

Originally posted by stout:
      But how could a person like me ever truly have a woman?
      I think Never.
      I hope all is well with you all.
      Your Friend
      C.
      I'll tell you how - by believing in yourself and what you have to offer. By not caring one hoot what these people who make you feel so bad and angry think - in a word, by being positive. Remember, you are the sum of your thoughts and experiences and as you think, so you are. You need to change the way you think about yourself, then others will change the way they think about you. At least your listening to the right composer - Beethoven was not one to wallow in self pity (that most destructive of emotions)- true, he had his moments (like the rest of us), the Heiligenstadt testament proves that, but he rose above it and triumphed.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I humbly posit that unless you take risks in life, you get rewarded with little. I am sorry to hear that you did not offer her your creation, Christophe. Fear of rejection is an incapacitating thing, sometimes, but you cannot let it consume you, unless you DO want to despair over the guys who have girlfriends or female friends for, well, ever. No girl would ever laugh at you or publicly embarass you (or anyone) unless you're trying to win the affection of someone who'd be too morally repugnant to be with anyway. Besides, if she said 'thanks, but no thanks', you've lost nothing and gained the knowledge that the time spent pining for her can end.

On May 4, your entire school (I presume) is going to hear your composition-- an entire band is going to rehearse and perform it. If you stomach that, you can surely stomach your original project. I'll hope you'll find the courage to at least try (I know how it is).

Comment

Working...
        X