Beethoven's work using trombones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's work using trombones!

Does anyone know where I can find out all of Beethoven's work using trombones and also where the autograph score is? If so, you would all be doing me the greatest favour.

Thanks

Originally posted by Claire W:
    Does anyone know where I can find out all of Beethoven's work using trombones and also where the autograph score is? If so, you would all be doing me the greatest favour.

Thanks
    If you want a recording (there are very few indeed), I have a recently bought a new cd on the Arts label by the Ottetto Italiano that has Beethoven's excellent Equali for 4 trombones, together with a lot of other rare Beethoven stuff for winds. I don't think B wrote any music just for trombones other than these 3 Equali. This disk is very cheap and nicely recorded, I'll have the disk catalogue no. for you tomorrow if you want it.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

No, Les, this isn't my Clare, either!

Was it one, two or all three equali for trombones which were played at Beethoven's funeral?

------------------
      Peter (PDG)

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
        No, Les, this isn't my Clare, either!

Was it one, two or all three equali for trombones which were played at Beethoven's funeral?

I'm not sure, but I think they were played with a 4 part vocal chorus with words from the Psalms alternating with the trombones.

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rod:
          [B] If you want a recording (there are very few indeed), I have a recently bought a new cd on the Arts label by the Ottetto Italiano that has Beethoven's excellent Equali for 4 trombones, together with a lot of other rare Beethoven stuff for winds. I don't think B wrote any music just for trombones other than these 3 Equali. This disk is very cheap and nicely recorded, I'll have the disk catalogue no. for you tomorrow if you want it.

One of my co-workers has a computer that 'burns' CD's. Do you have such a friend, Rod?

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Suzie:
            [b]
            Originally posted by Rod:

One of my co-workers has a computer that 'burns' CD's. Do you have such a friend, Rod?
            I'm supposed to be getting one at work, but it hasn't materialised yet. But I can do MP3's, or stereo video (PAL). You hinting at something?!

------------------
            "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
            http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
            X