Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The continued story....read on

Alright....
    I still have not given that NOcturne to the wonderful girl I recently spoke of. And yes, I know I have spelled compostitions wrong(I think I have it right now!)
    Anyway, her uncle recently died and I had this vision-if you all have ever seen immortal beloved-Beethoven walks in the room, holds Anna Marie's hand-"Your son"
    He begins to play the "Ghost" sonata for her. I have written the Nocturne in E flat and from others who I have played it for tell me that it is perfect for the situation. I feel sorry for that girl now since she has lost her uncle, whom she was close with. I have decided I must give it to her.
    Der Koenig is coming along, 1st movement theme is complete, must make variations, 2nd movement(beginning) is starting and 3rd movement-not accomplished nor even started yet.
    I thank you all who have replied, it has helped me greatly. And I am dearly aware that
    I have nothing to loose-except say getting laughed at and being called looser or something.
    Thank you all
    Your True Friend,
    C.

COMPOSITIONS!! COMPOSITIONS!!

Christophe, stop wallowing in this fear of rejection. If you are able to write & play music, then anyone who dared to call you a loser would only be jealous. This girl would probably love for something nice to happen in her life right now, & your nocturne is it!! JUST GIVE IT TO HER!!!

------------------
    Peter (PDG)

Comment

Yeah, man. I assure you, there could not be a nicer thing to be received by the bereaved than a thoughtful and personal sentiment like your composition. Not only is it not a Hallmark sympathy card, which is for all the nice prose on it nothing more than an impersonal piece of paper written with a stanger's words, it is a true sign of admiration and respect. How many people do you know who are given original music? This wasn't a handmade card, or a photo album, or verbal empathizing. All the money in the world will not be able to buy this nocturne; she will receive something no one else will, and that is very special indeed.

I would strongly hope that when you give her your gift that you perform it for her, too. Unless she insists upon first performance, you must do this. Not only will she be able to appreciate a miniature world premiere for the intimate audience of one, she will get to hear the beauty of the work right away, without having to sight read and play through once or twice or more. Hey, if you're feeling especially brave, take her to a lounge for a drink and perform it to her live. Just don;t let her know of this until the actual moment. Kind of like that scene in Scream 3 in the cafeteria, except a lot more momentous and auspicious.

Let us know what you do, okay?

Comment

Christophe, Last fall a close friend of mine had a song named after her , and dedicated by a very well known prominent musician.

She was so thrilled by the whole thing and reviled in it for weeks.

I asked her how it felt and she said it felt like running down a pageant runway ,----in her underwear.

My point being is that cupid's arrow hit the mark , steady and true.

So enough of this teenage angst and melancholy, it's time for you to "speak in tones". ~

Comment

Working...
        X